Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Good or bad idea? (URGENT)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dxtania, Nov 24, 2011.

1. So I just came home for the Thanksgiving weekend. My cousin is currently living with me and my family. He's been really depressed lately (family stuff and he's super shy at school so he can't make friends easily)

Anyways I was thinking about lighting up with him, thinking it might brighten his mood a bit. Relax him.

Good idea?
    Bad idea?
    Horrible idea?

Input is greatly appreciated, and I'll be checking this thread after we go watch the Harold and Kumar Christmas movie.

Thanks!

2. Mj exaggerates feelings especially sadness for me, so no ;p

3. Hardly urgent, but smoking would probably lighten him up a bit for the duration of the high

4. Over 16- 17 then whatever, light up

5. I think ya both just need to go out and get laid! :cool:

6. i think you should make a move on him and see if hes gay

7. My answer to the OP and this guy ^ Let him take ONE decent sized hit. Then make sure you make him laugh, get him in a good mood.. play videogames.. something he'll enjoy..

Decreased Depression In Cannabis Users, Study Says

This guy^ is right tho and that's why he needs to be in a good mood first..

8. Whether he takes you up on it, or not, he should see these!

Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors. - Free Online Library

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

[FONT=&quot]Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acid Deficiency in Mood Disorders: Rationale for Treatment and Prevention. Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acid Defic... [Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Incidentally, the way it works is that Omega 3 is NECESSARY to make working CB1 receptors. CB receptors send "messages" to your cells to tell them what to do.

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011) Unbound MEDLINE | Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. PubMed Journal article abstract

Translated that means- [FONT=&quot]“The US diet sucks big time and we are fat, undernourished, and crazy because of it. We get WAY too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. Not getting enough Omega 3 can make you crazy because without it, the CB1 cannabinoid receptors in your brain aren’t made right- a chunk that is supposed to be attached, isn’t! Broken receptors give you “impaired emotional behavior”. So we think it’s the low Omega 3 diet is making the US totally nuts!”[/FONT][FONT=&quot] :eek:[/FONT]

So what happens is that the "average American diet" keeps us from making working CB 1 receptors! When the receptors in the brain don't work right, that leaves us depressed :( and/ or a bit crazy. :hide: When the ones in the body don't work right, all sorts of bad things happen! (colon cancer and Huntington's to name just two)

Incidentally, those CB1 receptors in the brain are also responsible for getting you high :smoke:, as well as fighting depression :D! For a better high, you might even consider taking Omega 3 yourself! More working CB1 receptors sure won't hurt the quality of your high! You might go from :smoke: to :smoking: , by adding Omega 3 to your diet!

It does take about a month of daily use for the effect to be noticeable. :cool: It would be nice if it were an "instant fix", but it's not. It takes time to replace all those "broken" CB 1 receptors. But since Omega 3 is "heart healthy":love: (and WAY more!), it won't hurt you to take it regularly, anyway!

[FONT=&quot]Dietary n-6 and n-3 fatty acid balance and cardiovascular health. Dietary n-6 and n-3 fatty acid balance and car... [Annu Rev Nutr. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Love you all! Be safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Granny :wave:
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

9. Granny, I've learned some much from all your posts Thank you!

10. Thank you for reading them! Knowledge unshared, is knowledge wasted!

11. Thanks for all the replies guys. Granny I definitely learned something today haha.
    Sadly we didn't get to smoke tonight. Maybe another time. :)