Good News for Missouri

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by vaporfiend, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Well that is one more state to add to the list of possibilities for legalization in 2012. All I can say is good luck Missouri you will need it.

2. I wish Kentucky had something like this on the ballot this year. We're right next door to Missouri. Why, I could practically :poke:. Maybe that's what Kentucky needs, someone to poke us.

3. Oh, Galbraith's getting my vote for sure. He won't win, unfortunately, but I'm not voting for Beshear. It sure would be nice if Gatewood got it, but this is Kentucky, man. The only cannabis initiatives most Kentuckians want to see are of the eradication variety. The young people here either don't vote, or they are brainwashed by their religious beliefs. In my area of Ky. anyway. I'm sure it's a lot more liberal up north around the college areas though.

4. Wow to legalize cannabis for people 21 and older! That would be awesome!

5. #7 AmpedAxe, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
    Given the current strict laws associated with possession here in Missouri, I'm astonished this was approved for circulation. Time to get registered, and get the word out. WOOT!! :yay:

**Edit: (previous #'s based on wikipedia primary results not general) So by my math of the 2,877,778 votes cast in the Governors General election of 2008, the Constitutional changes petition needs 230,222 (8% of General) signatures from 6 of the 9 congressional districts in the state and the State Law petition needs 134,889 (5% of General) from 6 of the 9 districts. All must be submitted by May 6th 2012. Granted we still have to vote on this bad boy, but its a start.

6. *Crosses fingers*

7. We can do it. Looking at the trends from gallup support is growing the fastest in the mid west. 05-09 support increased 10% and 09-11 it increased 12%(total 54%). If we work really hard till this time next year we can get another 4%-5%(around 60% total in favor).

8. That is not very much time to get all those signatures, but if it did get on the ballot here, I believe it would pass. Both Kansas City and St. Louis seem to have pretty overwhelming majority support for legalization, which is enough people to drown out the ignorant fuck vote in the middle of the state. Where can I go to sign this petition?

9. nah dont count out columbia in the middle of the state, that hippie college town probably has at least a 75% support rate, less than an oz is already decriminalized there. Its all the ignorant bible thumpers you got to worry about and they are all in the Stl and KC burbs.

10. all our cities will support it even out in joplin they have an active norml chapter. we just dominate the cities and appeal to the country folk with hemp agriculture

11. Im glad to see this. GL Missouri!

12. I hope theres enough gangbanging potheads/dealers that will get off their arses and vote for this, yes I`m talking about you St. Louis.

In all seriousness I really hope this gets passed, best of luck Missouri!

13. #15 AmpedAxe, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011

Contact your local NORML chapter Missouri Chapters for more information. Or contact Show-Me Cannabis - Missourians for Cannabis Policy Reform.

They were saying they should have petitions to dish out this week.

Yeah, Columbia's a good one in the middle of the state. Rolla is another college town down south that would be great to canvas. The Greater St. Louis NORML chapter is having a meeting tomorrow night. I'm gonna try and get there. If nothing else get a hold of someone to work with.

14. lol we'll I know what Missouri needs... HELP FROM EVERYONE AT GC! haha

15. All of the country ass inbreds in the small towns of MO aren't going to like it. Incest rape is ok, but weed is a no-no.

16. Thanks for all the good luck wishes; we will need them. I appreciate the optimism that some of you have, but I think it's going to get trounced. It is a step, though, and I certainly plan to do my part and sign the petition.