"Good" Muslims and "Bad" Musilims- Is it really that simple?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimi Thing, Dec 23, 2010.

1. One of my professors introduced this article to me, and I found it very eye opening/interesting. It's definitely worth a read for anyone who follows the so called "War on Terror" and the politics of the Middle East. I don't have a link, just the pdf, so I'll post the whole thing here. It looks like a lot, but it's a quick read and I PROMISE it's worth your time.

2. #2 garrison68, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
    Enough of the cultural relativism from Columbia U., they've been pushing this bullshit since the 1920's.

Just because some elements of a religion have gone off the deep end doesn't mean that it's the fault of their victims.

And as far as the genocide of the Native Ameircans, he's wrong. Genocide is defined as "the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group". We did not systematically and deliberatly exterminate the Indians. If we had, there would be a lot less, if any, of them around today.

3. It seems the "bad" muslims are the ones that don't want to be controlled by Western political forces, has little to do with religion.

Terrorism is blowback.

4. #4 garrison68, Dec 23, 2010

Bin laden and others like him see ANY influence of the West as "control", and that is due to our conducting business with the oil sheiks, whom they feel are sellouts to Islam.

I'd give bin laden exactly what he wants, which would be to drop all ties with the Middle East and find someplace else to get oil, or figure out alternatives to it, but if we do that everybody would be up in arms about hurting them economically.

You can't win with crazy religous fanatics on one hand, and dictatorships on the other: You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

5. #5 GreenReaper56, Dec 23, 2010
  6. You know why the Muslims are bowing down all the time, like in that video? The real reason? So that they're in the right postion to get fucked by the caliphs, mullahs, sheiks and jihadists.

And before somebody complains that I'm favoring christianity, guess what the symbolism is when getting down on ones knees, in front of the crotch of a priest or minister, to receive communion.

7. #7 Judgement, Dec 23, 2010
    Agreed, the death toll estimate of 100,000,000 as proposed in The American Holocaust, is a far cry from genocide. Anyways, not like there was a census of corpses, in reality there was probably just 10 or 20 that lost their lives as a result of Colonialism, the rest probably just went on vacation or something.

:laughing:

8. That's just...wow.

9. Oh, so Europeans dont like it when Muslims try to set up a religious state in their homelands...

But its ok to put Israel right in the Middle east.

They did it to themselves.

10. What the hell are you talking about, for real? It was just a video with muslims I received in an email and like I stated "since we are on the topic of mulims I thought i'd share". THATS ALL.

11. the video shows a french guy talking about "omg muslims taking over they wanna put sharia law blah blah"

but that is what the UN did in the middle east with Israel, because of pig bones.

12. #12 dudedude4, Dec 23, 2010
    Is it news to you that the Jews of Palestine did the whole Israel-thing by themselves? (it can't be, cause I remember telling you twice already that Israelis created Israel) Or that these Jewish communities were there for centuries, just like the Arabs of the same area? Why all the hate? All the UN did wrong was not force the Arabs to accept the partition. If they had done that the whole conflict would have been solved then and there. Instead the Arab Legion decided to attack Israel and turn 1 million Jews and 800,000 Palestinians into refugees, even though 70% of the original Mandate of Palestine was carved up PRIOR to all of this and turned into Jordan, which is a Palestinian state in every way except the nationality of the oppressive ruling dictatorship...

13. Yea because the british didnt help the Zionists at the time at all right?

Im just going to ignore you.

14. So sharia law is a good thing?

15. The British actually trained, commanded AND ARMED the Arab League against the nascent state of Israel.

Yeah, that's what people do when they don't want to admit they are wrong and can't refute anything.

16. So you know what the Balfour Declaration of 1917 is right?

And the British didnt smuggle Jewish people into Palestine, even after they made a deal with the Arabs for oil which made Jewish immigration into Palestine illegal did they? oh wait they did.

17. I agree with this 100%

18. You're mad at the British for helping some Jewish refugees escape the Holocaust? And, for the record, they had very strict caps on that immigration, and many Jews died in Europe because of it. You are yet to refute all of the previous points I've made regarding your original claims... and so much for "ignoring" me.:wave:

19. excuse me they were smuggling all kinds of people not just "refugees" aka Zionist leaders from Britain etc.

Israel was created because of Zionists. Ive said it before.

20. #20 dudedude4, Dec 23, 2010
    Given that all Zionism means is the self-determination of the Israeli people, i am compelled to say, no shit sherlock. Every Israeli is a "Zionist." Israel is Zion. Do you see how that works?

But anyway, this used to be a discussion about Islam, so why don't we jump back there.

Good and Bad muslims do not exist. Islam in its literal form is intellectually backwards, as are all scriptures that try to deflect focus from self into some all-powerful, more-important-that-one's-own-life diety.