Good MMORPGs?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by blazinpersuasion, Feb 10, 2014.

1. I've tried countless MMORPGs , Perfect World was the only one i could really get into and get addicted to, however i've found that starting to fall due to the cash shop. (free to play, but pay to win).  I guess i can't get into other MMORPGs because i've got to know the game well to enjoy it and i hate adjusting to new MMORPGs. But I've started playing Neverwinter, also made by perfect world, and it's very enjoyable.  Very easy going to new players. And its a fairly new release so it'll be a while till the devs start messing it up lol .

2. Vindictus
    Blade and souls

Sent from my Microwave using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'm addicted to EVE Online these days.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. EverQuest is free now and is an old school game that I still enjoy, though with it aging I don't know how friendly it would be to new players. You could check it out though. Not EQ2 though that might be free also I have never played it though.

5. If anyone is still looking Ultima Online is still the best.

Official pay to play servers are down now I think (not that anyone gives a fuck) but people make new completely custom servers all the time over at RunUO. Check it out guys.

I haven't been able to enjoy any other MMORPG because UO was just perfect.

PvMers check out Demise server, and PvPers check out Hybrid.

Both servers have a population of about 300 or 350 active players. All great people. Lots of stoners too.

6. clash of clans. grab a tablet and smash

7. not even, a little tiny bit, is clash of clans an MMORPG. its a turn based cash shop.

8. In theory I could agree, but I'd rather not. How often do you take your computer with you as a factor of mobility?

9. As far as taking my gaming rig with me, never it's very much so non portable. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437068834.037547.jpg but how does that change that definition of a mmorpg to allow for clash of cash to count?

10. I think he means to say that if you're into MMORPGs on the PC this is about as good as it gets mobile.

I hate clash of clans..... But it's a multiplayer strategy. And it's about as good as multiplayer mobile gaming can get.

IMO games I have to play alone suck.

That's a beautiful setup. Get on UO man, if you can handle the graphics. Lol.

11. ^^ someone gets me in a way :)

Platform makes all the difference with regards to communication standards. Somehow kickstarting games is a new venture into the same realm of video game creation, with massive participation of users simultaneously.

12. ehhh kickstarting has a darkside, espically when cuppled with steams early access system.

13. What lmfao. How is WoW or ESO not an MMORPG?
    They're both massive multiplayer online role playing games, which is what MMORPG stands for. DUH.
    And you watched your friend play ESO, which has nothing to do with you playing ESO, and sense you haven't played ESO, should you be saying its something it's not??o_O

Almost all MMORPGS take something from another game. Even UO and WoW, even ESO

ESO is pretty fun though, I played it over WoW while I was stoned and had a FUCKING blast! The game is great and looks beautiful. It reminds me of skyrim with different wolf models (x

You can do what ever the fuck you want in ESO and that's why I like it. There is no class system, you make your own based on what you like using.
    You can get started with anything at anytime. I found my self actually doing quest in this game unlike many other mmo's , WoW had a broken quest for the pandorian race that made me quit that game because it literally breakers the story quest line if you try to be the horde.
    ESO, if there's a quest I don't like, I skip
    It x)

Guild wars 2 how ever is my favorite MMORPG,
    It's simply amazing and I suggest checking it out

14. UO was the first mmo. And closest to a pen and paper dungeons and dragons experience

Since UO mmos have devolved into hack and slash games

-yuri
    I
    Love
    Yoi

-yuri

15. Well just last night I got some extra bday money from family, was debating getting a really nice pocket knife I wanted, or ESO. So I decided what the fuck, it can't be that bad, and since there's no sub fee now, there's no reason not to get it.

Download took half the night so I started this morning, and i love it. I don't get how to use most things yet, but at 2 hours I can see I'm going to waste many days on this game... haha. Can't wait to get back on today, smoke break then back to creating some monstrosity of a build I know I will throw away by level 30.

But it's pretty good, graphics are stunning like they were in skyrim. Quests are deep enough, but not too intense. So you can play high, follow what's going on, and come out with an understanding of the situation. I'm still getting used to combat, but it's pretty much ddo meets elders scrolls. I haven't gotten into crafting or cooking yet, though. I need to find some damn recipes..

But as most mmo's do, it has bugs and glitches. Gotta say, i was expecting less than what was given

16. oldschool runescape

17. Does that require a membership or anything? And is it handled by runescape? It looks fun but it seems like wealth is easy to come by and skills are just a quick grind

18. its based mainly off of what runescape was in 2007. there have been a bunch of updates though, it's run by the same people that run the main game. there's a free version and a pay to play, you can buy membership in the grand exchange they're called membership bonds. it's not really an easy grind its only slightly easier than iit was back in 2007

19. How many hours wasted mining 2d rocks.