Good luck vs Bad luck

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by vintagestoners, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Hello all. First off i want to remind everyone that this is strictly my opinion, and i have no physical evidence of my belief.

Ok let's see where do i start? Well this is something i came upon while smoking and chatting to my non-smoking friend. We were having usual uninteresting chat, when i had a type of clarvioance. I realized that there is no such thing as bad luck, but there is such a thing as good luck. Bad luck is not a 'luck' itself but the absence of good luck. Similar to karma, but with karma i don't think you get rewarded for good deeds( I could be wrong about this, don't quote me on it). If you're a shitty friend to your bro from 10th grade, you may or may not have shitty luck. It depends on how much good luck you have.

Let's say you've been on a roll lately. You never get caught smoking, you got a raise, and got $50 off a scratch-off ticket. Your good luck is high :ey:. But let's say you see someone who says their car has broken down and they ask for a couple dollars. You just won 50 bucks, but you know they're full of shit. But if u give them the couple of dollars they ask for, you can be sure your good luck is going to stay high(lol). And vice-versa.

Just one of my high-losiphies. :)

2. Good theory but I have not been convinced, only believe in the tangible stuff.

3. to each his own :smoke:

4. Interesting. I believe that everyone has a luck "stat" that sets their base amount of luck (ex. An unlucky person has a low number of lucky experiences that occur purely or without doing good or bad). That base amount of luck gives us a certain amount of luck-magnitude (the difference between winning two dollars on a lotto ticket and winning the jackpot) and can't be changed after birth. One can, however, increase the frequency of lucky occasion occuring by doing good (similar to the Karma/Dharma belief) but the amount of good needed to equal one lucky occasion depends upon one's luck stat. Think of it as a meter that replenishes over time under normal circumstances, which is modified by the luck stat (ex. Higher stat = faster replenishment rate) , and jumps up according to good deeds. The same rules apply for misfortune and bad deeds. When luck outweighs misfortune, a lucky instance occurs. When misfortune out weighs luck, an unlucky instance occurs. Both meters are reset either way.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Grasscity Forum mobile app