Good karma/ Bad karma

Discussion in 'General' started by ThisISarT, Nov 23, 2011.

1. If I was wrong, I am never upset about being contradicted. I seek enightenment.

The only way you could perceive me as an asshole is if you think that my contribution was hostile. My contribution cannot be hostile though, unless your emotionally invested in your belief. Which is bad.

Besides this is a forum, every segment of what you post here is open to discussion within the ToS. It's not your journal. Don't be suprised if people voice their opinions as well.

2. I believe in karma, also just being polite and doing good things for people brightens up my day knowing I've helped someone. I look at it as you doing a good deed passing it to that person, that person in tern does something good. It basically can set off a chain reaction.

3. I probably have a different belief in karma than most people.

My last good deed was giving a mother of four $100 to feed her kids.

4. I don't think you're an asshole because your contribution is hostile. I think you're an asshole for trying to discuss something I never intended to discuss in the first place. All I'm trying to do is to get people to share some of the good and bad stuff they did.

So what have you been doing for your fellow man? :smoke:

That's pretty awesome of you dude.
    What does karma mean to you then?

5. Well, I don't believe I'll receive karma if I do a good deed or vice versa.
    I don't expect anything in return when I do something good.

My belief in karma is that, if I do a good deed and I make someones day better, then perhaps by doing that, they will pass it along to someone else and that 'someone else' will commit a good deed; and so on and so forth.

6. [quote name='"CrystalHaze"']I don't really know where to post this, but I guess the general section is good for that?

Anyway, I was wondering what your last good / bad deed was and if you noticed anything good or bad coming out of it?

Mine was giving a homeless guy all my spare change, and treating him like a human being ( which I guess doesn't happen very often). Nothing really happened, but I'm sure karma's got my back and hopefully it made his day a little better.

So, let's hear some of your good / evil deeds :smoke:[/quote]

Well I'm into metaphysics and stuff and my mom has been suffering lately. So I bought her a crystal that she picked out herself, and ever since she got it she feels much better, though she did say her dreams are really bizarre now haha.

Usually I don't by shit for her but I felt I needed to help her in anyway possible. I guess my good karma is she took me to a play yesterday. We barely go out, let alone to plays. It was nice though I had fun.

7. Makes much more sense than a magical force that judges people for some reason. :D

8. always do good things and leave the bad.then i am sure always you will be good in life.

9. karma aint been nothin but a bitch to me . this dosent justify doing bad shit , but you need to make your own luck. goin with the flow just won't cut it.

edit- i do like to help people and ill admit i always hope for at least a little bit of good karma, but doin good deeds for the fuck of it is always good.

10. if you believe in a generous universal force based on subjective conduct, then please, make up your own word for that.

translated from sanskrit, the word karma means action / activity.
    for most of the time our activity is based on selfish purposes - even the good deeds we do for others, as many tend to fixate on the result of their work and start to build up expectations for personal gain.

the buddha, jesus and krishna all taught about the value of selfless activity.

there is no good karma or bad karma at all. its an optic illusion of a dualistic nature. i myself believe that we're all one.
    there is only selfish karma - based on lust (kaam) - and selfless karma - based on god (karmaYog).