good indoor grow lights from home depot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by juliacorrente, Jul 30, 2016.

1. anyone know of any good brands for grow lights from home depot? whats the best kind to use?

2. Why? Air cooled hoods are so cheap like 100 to 130 you can find kits that has ballast and bulb included.

3. Agreed. Why waste your time and effort? Get yourself a 400 to 600 HPS and it will work well for both veg & bloom.

J

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shop online and save yourself some time and money in the long run. There isn't much at Home Depot that will grow a plant indoors. The lighting they sell isn't meant for growing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. how big or small of an area you need to cover ?

6. I found some pretty cool Led grow lights at Home Depot.
    I'm using them in a light assisted greenhouse though just to buy me a few more hours of daylight in the winter months. They seem to be doing the trick quite well.
    If I was setting up a small private tent for a few plants I would probably recommend a Mars Hydro led system or something like that. They do cost a little bit more up front but they're easy on the light bill and don't generate so much heat.
    For bigger grows, I think that the more conventional stuff is probably the best bet

7. Home depot carries a few security lights in both HPS and MH for around 60-80. Less than 100 watts though from what I recall. But like others have said, youll get much for your money buying a grow light online. I suggest looking at Apollo Horticulture on Amazon. They have some good kits for the money