Good In, Good Out

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by JahLight, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and once I seen the Philosophy forum I knew I just had to post. I truly enjoy hearing other people's philosophies, as well as sharing my own. So I figured I would share a little about my life philosophy.

I see life as just that. Life. And life has an energy.
    It's what flows through I.
    It flows through you.
    All life shares life's energy.
    And to sustain that life energy, one needs life. For the absence of life is death.
    Would one fill their body with death to stay alive? I would hope one would say no. But people do everyday. I included.

Meat is dead animal. An animal that no longer has life energy. When eating meat, one is eating death. Not in a literal sense, just in a lack-of-life sense.

But think about fruits and vegetables. They grow from the Earth, one of our main life sources. Fruits and vegetables are not killed when eaten. Their life energy is in tact. When eating fruits and vegetables we gain that life energy.

Seeds are big sources of life energy for they are the foundation of life.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum is processed foods.
    Food neither grown nor even killed. But food created. There is no life energy there. Processed foods are to fruits and vegetables, what computers are to humans. At least in the sense of natural versus created.

What I am getting at is the title of this thread, good in, good out.
    Why would one expect to be healthy and lively, but fill their body with death and filler food? Its not possible.
    To be healthy is to eat healthy, which is obvious, but often times people don't really see why certain foods are healthy.
    Yes, there are the vitamins and minerals that are necessary parts of diet.
    But there is something more simply complex to the situation.
    What food is life and what food is not? That is what one must ask before they eat.
    Vitamins and minerals are important, but if they were all that mattered everyone would be healthy due to vitamin supplements, processed foods that are made "healthy", and the slew of fruit juices that have outrageously high amounts of vitamin C.

Life leads to livity. Life is all around. But so is death. Only you can choose which you fill your body with.

I apologize for the long read, but for those of you that took the time to read it all, I thank you. I hope this resonates with someone here, and maybe opens an eye or two.

Love, Light, and Inity

2. Yet death still distributes into life.
    Good is subjective.

3. In the mind. It's not always all about the mind and its thoughts, friend.

4. ^ where is there objective good?

5. no matter what I eat I always get the same result

food in, poop out.

6. Good and evil are subjective

7. I understand about processed food. It's unnatural, unhealthy, and I agree completely.

However, in the parts I've quoted, it comes off as if you're criticizing the natural carnivorous diets of thousands of species of animals that have worked for millions of years and calling them illogical. That seems a little.. ironic, to me.

Who are you in comparison to Mother Nature?

8. I see how one could arrive at that conclusion. However, I merely meant dead animal is dead. No life. There is still nutrients available, making it food worth eating.
    But that isn't to say those say nutrients couldn't be found in say, nuts. And nuts do have life.

I would never mean to offend our Mother Nature.

And I don't mean to offend you if I say anything you may disagree with.
    As I have said I enjoy philosophy, and I do look forward to more input.

9. Yes.
    But are diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure?
    Would you expect to never deal with such diseases living off a diet consisting processed foods and meats?
    That is more along the line of my thinking. Not good as a whole.
    But I do see your point.

10. I get what you mean OP. But sometimes i feel that, fruits and vegtables alone, are not sufficient enough for me. I know i am putting in all the nutrients i need. But i still "feel" hungry. When i eat meat it fills me up so to speak.

What would you recommend eating that is not meat. That is full of 'life'. And that makes you feel fuller basically?

I eat a lot of eggs, idk just felt like throwing that in there..

11. Yes, life has energy. Yes, you need that energy to live. It is intrinsic to life. If we are alive, we have energy. We don't have to eat life to stay alive, we have to stay alive to stay alive.