Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by eddiezheadiez, Nov 13, 2012.

1. I saw this tube on ioffer. I was thinking of getting it and seeing if I can find a glassblower to grid it for me. What do you guys think?

12-wubbler-stemline-beaker-7mm-super-thick-water-pipe-c6d2.jpg

2. Not possible. Tube is already assembled. Gridding has to happen before a tube gets put together.

I mean if you wanna get technical a glassblower prob could do that, but nobody is going to be willing to. You're better off having something custom blown by a blower to get exactly what you want.

3. [quote name='"Flurgen"']Not possible. Tube is already assembled. Gridding has to happen before a tube gets put together.

I mean if you wanna get technical a glassblower prob could do that, but nobody is going to be willing to. You're better off having something custom blown by a blower to get exactly what you want.[/quote]

It's definitely possible, obviously not practical. I just think this would function awesome, especially with slits on both sides.

4. Like I said, I can almost guarantee you won't find a glassblower who would be willing to do that. I agree that it would function very well, and deff better if it were gridded, but your best bet is to get one custom made.

5. [quote name='"Flurgen"']Like I said, I can almost guarantee you won't find a glassblower who would be willing to do that. I agree that it would function very well, and deff better if it were gridded, but your best bet is to get one custom made.[/quote]

Know anyone who could do this at a decent price?

6. MPG would prob be capable, he has his own thread on here. Apix possibly but pretty sure he quit taking customs. You'd have to do a little bit of digging to find the right artist probably, but they are out there.

7. [quote name='"Flurgen"']MPG would prob be capable, he has his own thread on here. Apix possibly but pretty sure he quit taking customs. You'd have to do a little bit of digging to find the right artist probably, but they are out there.[/quote]

I have an MGP piece, I wasn't entirely thrilled with it. His work isn't very clean. Do you know if EFS does shit like this? Or does he just do gridded donuts and stuff like that? I mean they are pretty similar.

8. Custom removable perc then?

9. Better off spending money on a custom then if you want one of those gridded.

They'd have to have a kiln big enough to stick it in, and then cleanly remove the fixed stem and bridge to even get to the inline. Which is still welded to the back of the tube... so that connection would have to be shocked and broken off which could ruin the tube... and then putting it back together and having it look decent... not worth the effort.

10. Thanks for the posts guys. Can anyone reccomend a glassblower?

11. it would cost a lot more than the tube itself lol, and trust me that is a lot of slits. It already has like 30 or so slits.

12. yeah why not just buy a piece thats already gridded, or like everyone else said get a custom.

13. [quote name='"SsYyNn"']it would cost a lot more than the tube itself lol, and trust me that is a lot of slits. It already has like 30 or so slits.[/quote]

I want MORE holes! LOL fuck it i think i might just get a sov kingstem