Good idea? bad idea?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Robinchina, Feb 9, 2013.

1. I want to try bring out the undergrowth on the lower branches of my plant..so ive rolled and tied the bigger leaves ..hopefully forcing the smaller ones to grow and take charge as the main light collectors.

I’m still pretty new..so im not sure if my theory will really work..

Also...as the main top is now covered ..I’m aiming to get the other shoots to start acting as secondary budding sites.

Will this work?? Kind of the same idea as lst bending...just..err... vertically.

The first pic shows just the top held together with a rubber band.. While in the second, other leaves are tied into rolls using fishing wire..

Thanks for any input! I will try put some better, clearer pics up later.

Attached Files:

2. Sure seems like it would work probably a lot like tucking leaves good idea!

3. Just top it, or supercrop it...cause that's not gonna do shit IMHO.

4. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']Just top it, or supercrop it...cause that's not gonna do shit IMHO.[/quote]

Thing is..its an auto.. I dont want to top it and retard growth, then end up with tiny buds because it tries to flower before fully recovering..

I did lst her down flat early on and that was going well... but then brought it back upright to enhance the main bud site...

Its my experiment plant..and its deffo the bushiest of my girls so far...its a bit of a dwarf though.

5. Tying down your plant is the best way to even your canopy up... but genetics may play a part in how much buds you can pack on.

6. I would pinch it over till its even with the other tops. It won't effect any vertical growth and will help to produce more.

7. Heres an update.. 2 days of wrapping the leaves and it really brought out the other branches..

Lots of potential budding sites coming through now..i’m excited to see how well she grows!

Attached Files:

8. Well...thank you for the complete hijack!