good first glass?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by mastermaster, Aug 31, 2011.

1. So im looking at this bong by blackleaf. I understand that the it is a thinner glass so you have to be very careful with it. But it seems like it would be good starter. It has an ashcatcher and a dome perc which are nice for a starter, and it has the option to have a carb or have it plugged. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. I shall bump cuz I want to hear some opinions on my choice.

3. not the best. but im not really familiar with the name/how much drag it would have.. how much?

4. Roughly about $70.

5. Black leaf was my first bong too.
    They make thinish glass that hits good, but is fragile.
    Great for the price.
    I hope you enjoy it.

6. #6 mastermaster, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    oh I think I will. I plan on doing cool things like putting dif color water in each chamber. ( food coloring, probably do rasta color as soon as I get it)

7. cant really beat 70 bucks!

8. #8 mastermaster, Aug 31, 2011
    Hell no you can't! It will be about 100 with shipping and what not probably. Depends on the exchange rate that day.

9. i got a 6 tube tree perc Blackleaf bong it is 5mm thick and i have no problems with it...however for the money you can probably get an Ehle or even a 3.2mm Roor for a little more which would just be better quality overall....

that being said for your first Bong as long as you get something that is Glass on Glass joint you will be good to go....check out a few other brands like HVY and GMD who offer nice glass at a good price...GMD has the showerlines and mini inlines for around $125...HVY has some sick shit for around $100

PUFFER

10. mine is not thin at all...actually it much thicker than my Roor but their are minor imperfections like a very small bubble on the base....overall its a great purchase if you take care of it....make sure to get a 5mm one.

PUFFER

11. #11 mastermaster, Aug 31, 2011
    See all the 5mm ones I have looked at everyone that reviews them says that the bottoms are not 5mm thick and that's the one big concern I have cuz if any part of it has a better chance of breaking it would be that. From setting down to hard or it just falling or something.

12. for the price you really can't go wrong, and for a 1st bong its prob best to get something a little cheaper, to learn to care for it/clean ect. that goes into highend glass ya know?

IMO, u prob can't beat the features/price.

13. #13 mastermaster, Aug 31, 2011
    I have one already, but its just a little 8in acrylic. So I know some what, what kind of care it will need.