Good ff like rpgs to play while high

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tsilabreH, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Hi I'm looking for a good rpg to pass my time when i'm stoned.
    Something with a good and deep story like final fantasies (7 is my favourite)

2. im working through ffxiii right now, just started to farm the mission 7....... joy....

3. #3 365DaysofGrowin, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
    Wild arms. Very good storyline and they have seven games out I think and they are all really fucking long exactly like final fantasy. It has better world exploration to compared to final too. Most japanese rpgs are good and long. But if you dont want to dealwith foreign language games some japanese game studios release in english also. Some one more knowledgable on the jap rpgs should be able to inform you.

4. [quote name='"gk666"']im working through ffxiii right now, just started to farm the mission 7....... joy....[/quote]

Dude xiii is soo long and isnt even that great compared to others but I still enjoyed the fuck out of it lol do you plan on getting xiii-2?

5. i am once i finish xiii.... but it seems to take long as fuck..... and this is nothing, been playing wow for 2 years as well :p

the battle system is starting to grow on me now, didnt like it much before. now in ch 11 im loving it...fangs a beast :D

6. Hell ya man, I had to stop playing for awhile just to stop seeing the cutscenes when I close my eyes. Hell ya fangs spririt thingy is a beast, fuckin destroys lol vanilles spirit thing has some swag too lol

7. Dude I fucking hate that paradigm shit. Uhh uhh(shaking head) that shit was no good.

8. its not THAT bad, it couldve been worse imo..... the secondary trees need work... what spirit thing???

9. Lol well they didnt work for me, I did like how you could level up in you own area of your choosing lol hmm remind me where you are again? Like what happened in the last cutscene you saw?

10. just finished the tower, just collecting the parts for vanilles pet toy thing in her town. but im farming mission 7 now - or going to soon

11. Their eidolons. First is fangs, second is vanilles

120px-Bahamut_concept.png

Attached Files:

12. Oh ur at the end then. At the end of that long bridge filled with ice and monsters is the final boss. Took me an 2 hours of nonstop paradigm shifts to finally kill him(it would be easier if I could choose to have.a warrior, healer, black magician like in final fantasy lol)

13. oh, i dont know how fangs works just yet, havnt played with it much, been using TP mainly for renew XD

14. im using...

fang/light/hope
    com/rav/med
    com/rav/rav
    sen/med/syn
    sab/med/syn
    sab/rav/rav

im noticing lately how nice sab is, but im not sure how all the stats work with sab, or really ruin either, like what effects its damage? since im ruin spamming for mission 7 XD

using fang/light/snow for mission 7 com/com/com spamming ruin

15. Renew comes in handy in the final battle.

16. [quote name='"gk666"']im using...

fang/light/hope
    com/rav/med
    com/rav/rav
    sen/med/syn
    sab/med/syn
    sab/rav/rav

im noticing lately how nice sab is, but im not sure how all the stats work with sab, or really ruin either, like what effects its [/quote]
    Ill get back to you on that one, need to start playing again lol

17. oh i love it, im usually sab/rav/rav or com/rav/rav. com/com/rav for stagger most of the time, well ST only

18. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a pretty great RPG. :smoke:

19. If you are looking for an RPG with an awesome story I highly reccomend The Witcher 2: Assasin of Kings.

The game has incredibly high quality storytelling in a mature fantasy world. The best way to describe it is fantasy, but realistic. You play as a professional monster hunter dragged into a political powergrab nightmare of a story. The plot touches topics of racism, oppression, corruption and much more. Sidequests are somewhat limited but extremely well written, some downright hillarious ones include a troll couple having relationship issues and the first collect x of item quest that I have ever enjoyed in a videogame (left me with my side hurting from laughing).

Graphically it is the best looking thing on the market (supposedly a heavily modded skyrim on max settings = Witcher 2 vanilla in parts). Combat wise, the mechanics are fairly unique and work quite well. Magic, various melee moves, bombs, traps, and combat positioning moves are all available and controlled via an interesting skill tree system. On the harder difficulties the combat is almost as fluid, technical, and rewarding as Demons/Dark Souls.

The game consists of 3 acts, with 2 seperate mutually exclusive 2nd acts. This provides a lot of replayability. The game features a number of choices thoughout that bear significant effect on intereactions and/or plot.

In terms of content quality, I cannot comprehend how this game did not sweep GOTY 2011. Truely the highest quality story and graphics of the year, and the gameplay was fairly unique and highly entertaining. An RPG fan not doing himself/herself the favor of playing this game makes me a sad panda.

20. This man speaks the gospel. Ive been waiting on the Witcher 2 to drop for 360 forever and looks like I'll finally have my chance to play it in the coming months.It's going to be a great experience.