Good experience with cops...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Joey Genovese, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Ok so we all bag law enforcement so I'm just telling my experience with a cop that I thought was good...

So I was travelling home from a great weekend with friends, friends that I just so happen to get drunk and stoned with and I also so happen to have pissed in their kitchen pantry, but that's another story...

So on my adventures home I pass a Highway Patrol car doing 78 in a 60 zone. I had no idea what the speed limit was on this country road. Well I do now. As soon as I see him I had a "oh fuck" moment. For some reason I just knew I was over the speed limit. Sure enough he passes me and immediately hits the lights, "oh fuck!" I pull over, I said to him, "I was over the speed limit wasn't I?" To which he replies, yes. He explains the speed limit in the road etc., asks me for my reason of speeding, to which I didn't have one...anyway so we are going back n forth in conversation, and he says "you have a positive attitude about coping the fine etc, that he would still have to fine me as it was recorded on camera, but he would fine me for the minimum by dropping my speed. Now he couldn't just let me walk away with no fine, I understand that. But he reduced the fine. I was guilty of the offence, regardless. I just thought it was a nice gesture. He didn't have to reduce the fine, but because I spoke to politely and showed respect, it paid off. It made me realise "hey not all cops are cunts!"

Had this of been a city cop and not a country cop, completely different outcome!

What positive cop stories have everyone else experienced?

Sorry if this forum has been created before..

Sent from a used tampon, launched from Mars...

2. Sounds like the "its on cam i cant let you off" is BS. He was a cock, he just sugar coated it.

Don't have any positive experiences with the cops other than the fact they haven't actually killed me. Been beaten on several occasions for no reason at all. I accept that some poeople will have positive experience with them - 99.9999999999999% white middle class people.

3. American cops are very different to Australian cops, and yeah he was probably still being a dick. It was nice to not be breathalized nor have my car searched from top to bottom, which normally happens due to past offences.

Sent from a used tampon, launched from Mars...

4. #4 New Yorks Finest, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
    You fell for it playing good cop while they legally extort you

I bet you if he smelled weed you'd be in handcuffs

5. never had any positive ones lbvs.

6. i was drunk once....borderline fuck up
    Went to the club with my wife. We left and a state trooper followed us. I knew because I saw the red dot for his radar was on. I didn't break any laws and stayed in between the lines
    He finally pulled me over. I carefully exited and parked somewhere. Prepairing to get a DWI while in two different weed probations...i said my goodbuy to my wife. Stepped out of the car...cop asked me if I had a jacket to put on as it was cold out. First text. I put it on.
    Then he asked me if I was drinking and I said yea we had some margaritas for dinner then went dancing while they wore off
    He did his test...pondered for a second, asked Me how far was I going...already knowing the answer...he told me to be careful and have a nice day
    To this day I still haven't drove fucked up and try not to drink to much if I got a drive

7. Exactly what I thought mate.

8. I've had several good experiences w/ law enforcement even though I was in the wrong. I spend alot of time driving w/ a heavy foot. Its pretty common for an officer to reduce the ticket as long as you're honest and respectful. They do this everyday, they know when people are giving some bs story.

9. Are all the chief police etc over there still all white? I always find that mental in a lot of commonwealth countries.

10. What do you mean?

11. I mean that most former British colonies I have been to have a large number of high ranking white skinned poilice officers. With that annoying English Chai Empire weird accent.

The Brits used to send Indians to police the locals and these indian police were managed by white british folk who would settle there. First thing Mugabee did was kick all the indian and white coppers out lol.

12. #12 Tonika, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016

Nah lol I hardly seen any white cops over there if any.

13. Fuck Clovis PD, mayberry ass clowns.

14. Where you from Jamaica negril?

15. Kingston

16. My experience with cops while high have always been positive. The ones who noticed didn't give a shit. Best one was a young guy who wished me a good time as I was going to a music event with a few friends.
    Maybe it's how I handle myself or who I'm around. Or maybe Victorian (Aus) police don't care about weed anymore.

17. #17 takeadab, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
    I hate to break it to you but he didn't let you off easy..cops do this all the time..I've had two speeding tickets and they reduced the fine both times. Cops know you're way less likely to fight the ticket in court if they are already saying you were going slower than you actually were

18. The cops came to my house on new years eve responding to a call about a fight and I told one of the officers that he had a face for tv and that he was really handsome (he was ugly as shit but still)

He blushed and giggled like a anime school girl and I got his name/officer #/phone #

To which I turned to my friends and said, "and that, bitches, is how you find the silver lining"

19. Twice i have been given a lift home by the police.
    1st time caught in a hailstorm when out on my bike & another time coming home from a party @4am.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I've had far too many dealings with them. I never did anything hard but a lot of youthful stupid stuff ;) Here's where cops shined for me:

-My mom drives like an 80yr old lady and knows about the same about cars. When she ran out of gas and totally got stranded on the highway nowhere near the rest of the family or friends, a cop drove to a gas station and filled up her gas tank for her on a rainy winter day while she stayed in the warm car. I'd have paid the man's rent that month.

-I got hammered with some buddies at one of their apartment complex' pool. I was staying in the complex for the night so when were done at the pool, in my infinite drunken wisdom I get into my suv and back it up onto the fire hydrant. It was an off road sporty suv so I had a metal bumper that awkwardly now held it trapped on the hydrant. The whole accident lasted only 2 seconds buuut curb + 260HP engine = shit goes down quickly. Took us 20 mins to get the car off the hydrant, with obvious damage to my bumper.

Even though there was absolutely zero damage done to anything on the hydrant or around it, some neighbor decided to call the cops. I even told my friends I'm about to eat my first DUI and lose thousands.
    The cop openly told me he smells alcohol on my breath. I told him we had been boozing by the pool and were literally just stupidly looking to move the car like 500 feet to his apartment. He could have slapped me both with a DUI as well as drunken accident, and he would have been right. Instead he took the time to confirm that my friend actually lives in that close-by apartment I was talking about and that I was "only" looking to do that. He also made sure no damage was done to anything other than my own property ($1400 for the new custom bumper [​IMG]) and then he let me go.