Good dog for stoner?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by GanjFarmer', Jan 4, 2013.

1. Alaskan malmute!

2. Sorry for double post. ^This is verry true.
    If you (OP) DID say that, I would not get a dog. Especially a young dog or a puppy.

Walking is bonding...it's fun. Gets you closer to your dog emotionally. Bring a doobie if you have ta :smoking: I can go out for hours with a dog. They're unconditional friends.

3. [quote name='"H4Boxer"']Alaskan malmute![/quote]

Such awesome dogs, i always thought my dog was a malamute mix. There's pics in this thread of him, I found him roaming around the desert with no collar. I went to the shelter and gave them my info in case anyone was looking and no one ever called.

4. Exactly. Your dog doesn't like to sit with you while you play video games or watch TV unless its tired out and wants to rest.

The reason dogs get destructive and aggresive is because they have pent up energy that doesn't get released through socially acceptable means.

5. I never said I wouldn't give it the exercise it needs. But obviously some dogs need more than others. This thread was to be which dogs would need less to tire out to the point where they just want to chill. In my OP I said I would still take it for walks.

6. Lab/Shepard mix..real smart and playful

7. I love those dogs. My uncles malemute stays over my place a few times a month. She is so well trained, never needs a leash out in public. She is huge too. About 115 lbs. she looks like a big Alaskan wolf.

8. Yeah man, my family has two.
    Well, full bred mother and we kept one of her pups.

She is about 60lbs, her son which is half german shepard is right around that 100lbs mark and he has one brown eye and one blue eye lol.

9. bloodhound gang.

10. Border Collie's should really be allowed to go long walks daily (40 minutes or so at least in our case) so it's not the best if you just wanna sit and chill. They are such sweet dogs though.

Why don't you visit your local dog rescue home? There will be lots of dogs their that already need rehoming and the kennel of staff may be able to give you an idea of some of the dogs personalities.

-Be the change that you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi

11. I don't know if you specifically want a puppy, but I've had friends adopt an older dog from a kennel and it was awesome. Even the ones that are like 2-5 years old, they've still got many years ahead of them, but they're out of the crazy hyper phase.

Also, most of them have been in homes before so they are somewhat potty trained already, doesn't take long at all to train them. Like someone else said, you could ask the staff what some of they're personalities are like.

I would recommend a middle aged hound dog or larger dog. The smaller they get the more energy they seem to have lol.

12. best stoner dog.
    [​IMG]

i have a golden retriever, smartest dog ive ever had, and swims better then me.

13. ahhh i miss my dog. moved into a new town in a house that doesn't allow pets, worst mistake ever... my dog is fucking trapped in my family's shitty home and they never walk her. She's losing her mind there :(

14. I have a 40 lb pit, he's just perfect for me, even though I'm lazy as hell, I still take him on decent walks and whatnot, sounds like you need a Bassett hound, or an English bulldog. Bassett hound is DEFINETLY cheaper, easier to come by, and also Bassett hounds smell like ass, really sweet dogs, so I guess it balances out.

15. no dog. get a cat man they're so much more independent.

16. Pugs are cool for the laid back stoner.

17. Ok, what I took to mean "good dogs for stoners" is a dog that is friendly, not expensive (some breeds have higher price tags than others), and doesn't require extensive grooming/brushing. I also looked more for medium sized dogs, because really big ones--though often more likely to be chill, are more destructive in their puppy phase.
    Also, these are all dog breeds I like. No Chihuahua, because I don't like them.

Pit Bull
    [​IMG]--because they're awesome. Get a puppy or a young one, and it will love you with all its heart. I love pit bulls. People are scared of them because they're strong and good at fighting, but they're only fighters if people make them into fighters--which, of course, is fucked. They're a really good dog to have in an apartment, or if you have a relatively small yard.
    Also, I always tend to see many pit bulls in animal shelters, and it's less expensive to get dogs there.

American Foxhound
    [​IMG]They're adorable, nice dogs, and they're also an inexpensive breed. They generally live a long time too, don't have many health problems, and don't drool.

Pembroke Welsh Corgi
    [​IMG] One of my favorite dog breeds. They're friendlly, smart, loving, and cute as all hell. They live for 12-15 years, which is longer than most dog breeds. They don't drool, and have a limited ability to destroy your house becauce they're small (somewhat. They make up for their size with cleverness, so they may still get into food that you thought they couldn't reach). There is a breed history of back problems and glaucoma, but they are generally healthy dogs. Not too expensive, but more so than a pit bull or foxhound.

18. Bulldogs.... Man

19. A blue bully like in my avatar ^_^

20. get a jack russel terrier and play fetch with it, funny little dogs to watch