Good dehumidifiers

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by spaceghostdank, Apr 24, 2017.

1. I need a good dehumidifier for a 4x2x5 tent that's filled with pants and sealed. I image I need at least a 10 pints to remove the gallon or so I water each day. But other than that assumption I have no clue what kind I need. I want a cheap on too, under a hundred would be great. I'm currently eyeballing a 30 pint one on amazon for 130.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I use the GE 30 pint one from Walmart and it does just fine.

3. How much was it and how big is your room

4. $120-130 I believe and It would do a 12x12x8 room easy man I drain it into a 5gallon bucket depending how much water you will be sucking out. I have it in a 5x5x8 room now without a hiccup

5. That does sound great but that also sounds like way more dehumidification than I would need. From what you said a 10 pint one would be right in the money for my needs

6. Most likely yes

7. Kind of what I was getting at but some people when they want a specific thing they just get it so I left that decision up to you.

8. Dehumidifiers also put off alot of heat that might need to be dealt with. How high is the humidity getting?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm in the same predicament. Rh is too high for bloom but I'm approaching. I found a $20 dehumidifier on eBay didn't get it yet I'm still looking for answers.

10. In order to get answers you need to ask a question....

11. I very much doubt it if your running an exhaust. The exhaust will be drawing air faster then that little thing can keep up. It's better to dehumidify the whole room fresh airs being pulled from, in which that little thing is too small to make much of a difference.

How high is your humidity?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you for answering

High is 61% low is 41%

13. #14 killset, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    It will be fine. Not a fight worth getting into or adding the heat of a dehumidifier. Keep plenty of fresh air moving with fans above and below the canopy. Pull in fresh air and exhaust it outside or somewhere away from the grow. You do have proper ventilation correct? Inline fan large enough to turn the air over in your space atleast 3x or more a minute?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have the fans everyone said not to get $40 for both a 4" in and 6" out the aluminum ones I bought some home air filter screens and just wrapped the in with it. Also two 6" circulating fans inside the tent, and an exhausting double sided fan in the window of the room the tent is located in.