Good deal or Bad deal?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by onceyougo292, Dec 14, 2010.

1. I just traded my friend a bunch of stuff, and a lot of people are saying I got snubbed. what do you guys think. (keep in mind that pretty much everything is in immaculate condition)

I recieved: 29mm Luke Wilson 10 arm diffuser. Fits my bong perfectly, and almost impossible to find
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I traded my friend a bunch of glass that all together is currently probably worth more.

The most expensive items are the Weed Star ash-catcher and Downstems
    [​IMG]
    (left to right:)showerhead,29>29, and 4-arm(came with above ashcatcher)
    [​IMG]

Also included 29.2 bowl piece(ehle), with XL roor glass gauze. Plus Roor 29>18 reducer
    [​IMG]
    14mm sherlock adaper. 2 18>14 reducer's, and 1 14>18 expander. 2 18m slides, 1 14m slide, and 3 clips

[​IMG]
    The package could be combined in many ways, such as this...

T[​IMG]

But I believe I got the better deal. What do you guys think?

2. LW>weedstar any day of the week i bet the diffy is gona diffuse like a mutafucka!

3. No, and you got ripped off becuase you didn't look for it online, or believed the seller that told you this.

They're instock for $85 (+shipping) at one of the most popular highend online stores (posting links to competitor sites is against forum rules)

I think the new pickup is nice, but certainly not a good deal considering the price difference.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind one when the new Glasscity Bongs hit the grasscity store ;)

4. #4 Mardhyn, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
    Well to be honest there it looks like a bunch of glass you hardly use that you traded for some quality kit. Sure you may have spent more potential money, but realistically all that right there would be hard to sell(at least for me) and you would of maybe gotten that 100 dollars for the LW on like alt or something.

I'd say its a fair enough trade.

P.S. Enjoy. :smoke:

P.P.S. That little ... contraption, is rather cool looking. But because the majority of the diffusion process is through WS glass I still stick by my comment of "good trade"

5. ooh, legit, a tough one.

i would ajust gave in the a/c with the stems and sherlock arm
    and a bowl and a k clip

6. Sorry to say but it sounds like you got ripped off. You can find LW downstems in a few places online you just have to know where to look. BUT on the bright side you traded for much better glass. Anyone who has any glass knowledge would tell you that LW is sooo much better than the nicest weedstar diffuser. So just hit yr new pickup man and ull feel much better about your decision.

7. personally, I wouldn't trade all those nice goodies for that downstem.
    I would however, buy you that downstem ANY DAY to trade for those precoolers, downstems and bowls.

ANY..

DAY...

8. The way I look at it, Id rather have 1 piece of glass worth $100, than 15+ pieces worth a little more. Plus selling all of those pieces seperately would be way too much work.

Joeluxon, I saw that I could get the same downstem for 85+shipping, but that would end up at about $100, So buying it new wouldn't have saved me anytime or money, I just would have had to wait longer...

9. you did fine, weedstar is jank...I dont care if you traded every weedstar piece ever made, its all jank...and anyone who would rather have that jank over a lw d stem is ignorant.

10. hahahahaa too true, too true. I had one of those 4 arm weedstar AC's, and it cracked just from cleaning it. no more import glass for me. :smoke:

11. Money wise you got ripped off, you probably could have sold all that for 2 LW diffusers... Quality wise you got the better end of the deal. If I were you I would've sold all that shit and definetly bought the same diffuser you got, plus a bag of dank. But whatever, you still got the higher end glass in the end, which is what you wanted, right?

12. You may have lost out on the price differences.... but you definitely won the value battle. I say it was a good deal. It's tough to unload W* stuff once you buy it anyway.... you never would've gotten back what you paid if you tried to sell that stuff.

13. yeah exactly sensiplz. thanks for the input guys im happy about my decision