Good books

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by TheJourney, Aug 5, 2011.

1. some other great authors worth looking into....
    to see what you like.....
    anything by Thoreau
    A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting.
    -Henry David Thoreau

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.
    -Henry David Thoreau

As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
    -Henry David Thoreau

and........
    William S. Burroughs-twisted....
    this book...is the most twisted thing i have ever read!!!!!
    (hard to find-wont be at the library!)

2. Another second for The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life. You're into meditation and spirituality and math all in one, this book is perfect for you. Even if you don't buy the stories, this book is FILLED with "sacred geometry," with the idea that everything that ever has and ever will exist is created from and based on sacred shapes. What's even more interesting is everything discussed in the book regarding sacred geometry you can practice yourself with nothing more than a ruler, a compass, a pencil and some paper, and you can discover things about nature and the universe you never knew. Promise!

3. Now I know what book series I will read next. That sounds fascinating.

4. really is......
    i have read that series thru several times;):smoke:

its one you can pick up every few years and is like visiting old friends....

5. I could also go Terrence McKenna and learn about plants, with something of a shamanic outlook :)

6. close encounters of the fourht kind

art of war
    chariots of the god
    atlas
    my bloody life
    once a kind alwayws a king
    hard corps