good book to read

Discussion in 'General' started by carbinered, Jun 19, 2008.

1. any have any good books to recommend for me? i tend to read books that are kinda easy something a H.S student to read. i like the action adventure type books. i dont mind reading a fantasy or magical type book either. somethig that is in a series would be good too.lmk

2. Try Fight Club I read in high school and it was pretty good.

3. No Country for Old Men, its an easy book to read, pretty short, but is an amazing read.

4. "Candide" by Voltaire.
    It's short, easy to read, adventurous and hillarious.

Plus, I think it's considered a "classic" which means it's a good thing to-have-read.

It's not bad just 'cause it's old ;)

5. Animal Farm

You could finish it in an hour

6. The Terror Timeline. Not exactly a book but talks about how our government ignored warnings about 9/11 and a bunch of other really interesting shit.

7. The Kite Runner. It is an excelent book. Very entertaining and a great story!

8. If you liked Fight Club, then read Choke by the same author.

Another easy but good book is Fahrenheit 451, I had to read it in school but it's a great book and you will finish it quick.

9. the glass castle

it's about this chick and her family and how they move from town to town and have all these crazy adventures.

awesome read.

and the Da Vinci Code. it was a beautifully wrote book. once you read it you'll see why it got so much hype.

EDIT: read "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston. It's a true story about how this shipment of monkeys somehow comes down with a new, airborne strain of ebola. but check this, it takes place in Washington D.C. 0_0. just the thought freaks me out.

10. Try a Micheal Chriegton book such as the Andromeda Strain or the Terminal Man

11. Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time series

stop after book three, though

12. "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman

A kind of contemporary fantasy set in London. Awesome book.

13. i second the kite runner. one of the best books you will ever read.

14. Breaking Open the Head: A Psychedelic Joutney to the Heart of Shamanism by Daniel Pinchbeck. its great. cant really give details but if the title strikes u as intriguing, check it out.

15. Reading fight club is almost as enlightening as taking acid the first time... :hippie:

Theres a Tyler Durden inside us all...:devious:

You cant go wrong with a Stephen King book... "The Stand" maybe

16. if you haven't already..

HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!

they are the best fuckin books you will EVER read. you will be addicted.

17. And if you liked Fight Club and Choke, then check out Survivor, and Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey from the same author.

:yay:

I really, really love Palahniuk.

18. also by him sphere

all the dan brown books are wonderful i reccomend digital fortress and deception point

animal farm as said by sky dog

1984(both or orwell books)

scar tissue by AK of RHCP if u like music and sum serious life experiance and drug addictions

lots of kurt vonneget books are fuckin amazing

MUST READ: The Jungle i forget whos its by but its really famous written a long time ago about the slaughter houses

it's what sparked people to think about what they are eating and how and what makes up there food

with out that book who knows

we might still be eating pig nose:eek:

19. The Puppy Who Lost his Way.

20. Dan Brown is awesome.

Angels and Demons'