Good afternoon!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KittyInACup619, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Good afternoon from San Diego, GC. I recently just transplanted 9 plants I started from seed into 5 gallon-ish pots, and stuck them outside for the first time in their lives. they were vegging under a t5 for a good month - month.5 (24/0), became a little root bound, so I figured it...was time.
    will they be okay? will they flower early? will they fill out more (they seem lanky rather than bushy)?

2. They'll be ok! And nah, don't think they'll flower early. Also, they'll probably fill out a bit more being in the sun instead of just a t-5, but if you were looking for a bush, you should have topped it much earlier on.

3. Make sure you set them in the shade for a few days. You need to harden them off. If not the new sun will kill them.

4. hey kittyinacup619 a fellow san diegan here depends on where your at put them in partial shade and put them in the sun for a few hours like sun in the morning for a couple of hours and them a couple in the afternoon and then put them out about 4 and let them stay out like that for a few days them longer times and then all day I live closer to the coast so the temps on mine are about70-78 so no prob I just stuck a clone outside last sat. and for 1 week of and on and now out all day with no prob.light mist them while there in the shade helps.mine have already start to flower matter of fact there in week 3 of flowering. Good Luck:hello:

5. still in veg you can super crop them so they'll get bushier and remember time is changing so floiar spray them with some flowering nutes to get them to start pre-flowering how tall are they?

6. #8 KittyInACup619, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    how much earlier on? when would be the appropriate time to top them? thank you for the positivity man :)

I have a huge tree in the middle of my back yard so as the sun hovers over the sky it covers my backyard with shade. it's covered the most during the middle of the day so that's awesome. thank you so much for the reply. what happens to the leaves / plant if they get too much sun?

wow thank you! that was a pretty good post, regardless of the punctuation (or lack thereof). d: what does misting do? I've heard that will burn the leaves. ): and I live a little more inland, but the temperature is the same.

what's super crop? elaborate! I'd like to know haha. I'm new to all of this. when is flowering season?! ): they're only about a foot fall..they're don't even have stems yet!

7. #9 5150, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
    When puting plants from indoor to outdoor. The cannot handle derect sun at first. They need to harden off some. After a few days put them in a full sun spot and they will be fine.

8. #10 KittyInACup619, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    okay. I knew that, but I was looking for what would go wrong if I were to put them in the sun too early. they would just die?

9. Yep widdle over and die is most cases. Depends on how hot it is though.

10. San Diego here also, I just got some of the last cuts for the season from a buddy who was clonning inside under t-5s. I had about 10 of the clones and they all had roots about a foot long, so I decided to test how much direct light they could handel. Not very much, the ones doing best started with only 2 hrs direct sun, a week later they are at about 5 hrs with new growth. The ones I put in 6hrs direct right away got heat stress and as 5150 said they widdled over, one of them I put a garbage bag over during the hot part of the day because it was the only survivor of the 6hr crew. Pretty much the sun is a lot lot stronger then t-5's so be careful. Misting with purified water also will help.