Gonna Wipe My Computer. Help?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Enchanted, Jun 14, 2013.

1. So I came to thr conclusion that instead of uninstalling every program I don't use. Ill just clean tgis fucker completely. What I nees suggestions of is how to save my photoshop work saved as. PSD files, and possibly a program or two. Also the process of factory restore. Another question I have, is now if this clutter is all gone. Will it work like how I first got it? Much appreciated. If you need any info let me know. This is an all day project for me.

Sent from DEA Login#6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yep it will be just like a new computer afterwards.

OK to keep things simple for you, you need a USB flash drive so you can copy your Photoshop files to it before you wipe anything.  Really you can use any kind of external storage you want; it doesn't need to be a flash drive.  Could be a CD you burn or it could be an external hard disk.

After you have backed up your personal files, see if you have all your software discs and product keys.  If you do not have the discs you will have to see if you are able to download the software you want.  Because of the way Windows works, it is not possible to just copy the software that's already installed.

Important software to make sure you have in advance is all the drivers for your computer.  If you have a pre-made PC then the manufacturer will have all the drivers available for download on their website.

After you have all the software you'll need to reinstall, and you have your files backed up, now you can wipe the drive and reinstall Windows:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/installing-and-reinstalling-windows-7

\tTo install Windows 7 using the Custom option and formatting the hard diskTo format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation, you'll need to start, or boot, your computer using the Windows 7installation disc or USB flash drive.

1. \tTurn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.
      \t\t
    2. \tRestart your computer.
      \t\t
    3. \tPress any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.
      \t\t
    4. \tOn the Install <span>Windows</span> page, enter your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
      \tIf the Install <span>Windows</span> page doesn't appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this, see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.
      \t\t
    5. \tOn the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.
      \t\t
    6. \tOn the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.
      \t\t
    7. \tOn the Where do you want to install <span>Windows? </span>page, click Drive options (advanced).
      \t\t
    8. \tClick the partition that you want to change, click the formatting option you want to perform, and then follow the instructions.
      \t\t
    9. \tWhen you've finished formatting, click Next.
      \t\t
    10. \tFollow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.
      \t