Gonna switch over to organics

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by pure1, Aug 17, 2012.

1. After my first grow is done, i'm going to aim toward an all organic second grow :D

I've been doing some reading of the stickies and read a lot of the info, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of simple soil mixes, and maybe a beginner tea?

Now what i'm confused about with organics, will just having like earthworm castings, rock dust, kelp meal, and a few other things I can pick up at a local nursery enough to feed it? Or do I have to add the teas right away?

Thanks :) I'm looking forward to never having to use a pH meter! :devious:

2. Compost tea
    Note: To promote fungal growth add baby oatmeal to compost at a rate of 1:20 ratio (.80 oz per 2 cups) two days before starting the compost brew its self.

2.38% compost: 5 x 2.38% = 0.119 = 1.9 cups = 2
    0.50% molasses: 5 X 0.5% = 0.025 = 6.4 tablespoons or 6 tablesoons + 1 teaspoon
    0.063% fish hydrolysate: 5 X 0.063% = 0.8 tablesoon or just under a tablespoon
    0.063% soft rock phosphate: 5 X 0.063% = 0.8 tablesoon or just under a tablespoon [JUDGEMENT CALL ON SRP due to radioactivity]
    0.25% kelpmeal MAX.; 5 X 0.25% = 3.2 tablespoons MAX: Be aware that kelpmeal can slow down brewing time

Soil

The base:
    2 parts peat moss
    1 part organic matter (my home made compost)
    1 part 1/4" rock cinders (for aeration)

The amendment mix:
    All equal parts -
    Neem
    Crab
    Kelp
    Alfalfa
    Fish bone

The rock dust mix:
    2 parts coral calcium
    1 part soft rock phosphate
    1 part native red rock dust

Then the mix:
    To every cubic foot of base mix add 3 cups of amendment and rock dust mix. Mix thoroughly then add a compost tea to the mix. Let it sit for a month or so before use. And you're good to go!
    \tForward Message