Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gonna smoke for the first time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DigitalFury, Aug 14, 2013.

1. I'm 18, still in high school and I'm about to go get some $10 weed for the first time in my life but before I smoke I wanna know, will smoking it get me cancer?

It's 1 gram and I only plan to smoke once like, every month or something, or probably even less.

So yeah, will I get cancer if I continue to smoke it?

BTW, He's also gonna give me some rolling paper.

2. #2 smokin 'n tokin, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    Smoking anything poses risks. Some people smoke every day for years and don't get cancer. Others don't even smoke and still get cancer, it has to do with a mixture of chance and genetics so theres no way to tell if YOU will get cancer from smoking. One joint a month probably won't do anything though, pollution in the air is probably more harmful than that.

If its your first time smoking it'll be kinda hard to roll a good J but youtube is your best friend. Happy tokin! Hope you enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well that is a complex topic. There are many people who would want you to believe that 1 joint is as bad as 20 cigarettes. But that's not true.

Any reputable scientific study will tell you that marijuana isn't nearly as bad as cigarettes and some even say that the antitumoral effects of cannabis outweigh the effects of the smoke.

Storm crow aka "granny" knows much more about this than me and she can tell you. But basically as long as you don't smoke daily you won't notice any effect and you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 RVD420RVD, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    Tommy Chong got rid of his cancer with cannabis...

• Like Like x 2
  5. I don't think weed has every directly caused cancer, unless it has and they got better, there has never been ONE death from pot.

6. Watch the documentary "weeds" that just played on CNN, it says there's studies of thc (weed) KILLING cancer. Weed doesn't cause cancer and their are 0 deaths from it

7. Once every month or so, I remember saying that at one point in time. haha same age too. only 20% of cig smokers get cancer anyways

8. no sirrrr cant get cancer from smoking weed says official scientific research, look it up. when i started smoking i said it will only be once a week kind of thing but you will soon see it becomes apart of your lifestyle in a good way. have fun :smoke:

Yeh about 7 years ago I still remember saying;
    "Guys, just this once right?"
    then "I'm gonna quit soon" came shortly after,
    now it's "fuck it's too late to turn back now anyway"

10. No I have been smoking that stuff since 1972 and i dont have cancer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 marsdude89, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    I'd recommend doing some research before you smoke a mind-altering substance. It sounds like you only know what DARE taught you.

So don't be expecting an acid trip, or anything like that.

• Like Like x 1