Gonna grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by More Smoke, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Here's the story, I'm gonna start to grow, I've got five seeds, martian mean green seeds :) but, I don't know if waiting until spring time rolls around and having an outdoor grow would be more succesful for a first time, then cleaning out the garage, that is very quickly going to become the bands practice area, what would your opinions be?

2. You can't plant outside till the season's right..

3. ...And you can't grow in a band's practice area.

4. wish you the best of luck, shoot me an email if need help with any equitment, or tips, I work at hydroworld. check us out at hydroworldstore.com and use coupon code: holidaydisc

5. Well yea, I know I can't plant til the season, but I'm wondering, if It's a better and safer bet to wait, or to grow in the garage. The plant would probably suffer being in the loud garage right. Also, which way would I get the highest yield and greatest high.

6. Highest yield and greatest high.. Indoors. But, it's also gonna cost you a lot more to grow it indoors.

7. I'd start the plants indoors at the beginning of may. They'll be plenty big by April and healthy so as to prevent any normal outdoor problems. What you will need to do is too keep the plants in their original pots for a week or two once placed outdoors so that the roots won't get any shock. It will adjust to nature's environment and then be ready to plant into the earth. If your a regular smoker, save all of your seeds up until april. That way, you can plant plenty of seeds in the ground and practice all natural growing.

8. Now this is a problem, I've been asking myself this for a long time, why do I never ever get seeds in my stash?

9. Well, if you don't have the space for an indoor grow, then wait 'til spring and do it then. Ask around about when it's safe to put Tomato plants outside (after last frost). Here in VA, it's about the first week in May, but you're way further north, so it's probably later than that.

I agree here, but if you can set aside a small area somewhere in a warm corner where you can leave the lights on 24/7, germinate about 3-4 months before last frost, then veg your plants until it's safe to move them outside. Once the last frost has passed, start acclimating your plants to being outside (bring them in at night). After a week, transplant them into the ground and let them go wild.

If you build yourself a cold frame (hoop house), you could go outside anytime after it stops accumulating snow and before the first frost.

Probably because you're getting some good shit... most experienced growers seem to like killing off their male plants, which prevents the females from getting pollinated.