gonna flip the switch this weekend, any input?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wEEDhEAD1, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Goona flip on Saturday I think. Just wanted to see if anyone has any tips / input. 64 days from seed:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Stipules coming out and maybe a pre flower or two, if you stare long enough :p

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I can only say that they look phenominal.

☮️

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. looks good man. Up to you when TO FLIP really ..looks like it will fill out sweet.
    GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. 36 hrs of darkness then set your light schedule.

5. Went straight in bro :D. Day 1 started today!

6. Looks good. No need to waste time putting it in darkness for 36 hours (myth), just change the schedule on the timer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hell yeah they look sweet! Keep the pics coming and happy growing!

8. This is what I hered from a few people with the "old school" rank by their name so that's what I did :D, Plus I planed Saturday to be switch day..

Thanks dude, journel going if your interested

First Grow - 600w mh/hps - soil - photoperiod

9. Yeah what Rump said... I would have flipped a week or so ago, they will stretch at least 2 times the size

10. Run mh for first two weeks close to keep stretch down

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I was trying to judge how much it's full. I read some people fill it up then switch and let the stretch become the tops. I was in between. I'll judge but I'm thinking tuck for a week then let it fill up. My middle is also slightly diped as I'm hanging something from it to keep tension. So I'm hoping to have a slight v going on.. We'll see! Also I'm useing a lumii duel spectrum bulb, says it has higher blues.. I've been quite scared that I'd over tuck and won't be left with a desired top height.

I was going to do this but I someone commented on a post I had. Said they run the mh first two weeks which caused little to no stretch. Again that scared me so I put the hps in just before lights out last night so today was first proper day, how and 12/12

12. With the scrog, you don't want a few bigger (taller) . What you want is all the same height across the top, more yeild of A class bud this way, everything below the screen will be B or C class bud. Most trim these off if the don't penetrate the screen.
    Matters not which light u use, when the switch is flipped, U will get at LEAST double what you had unless you use some chemicals that stop the stretch which I would not.
    Probably the ones penetrating the top now will have to be pulled under and re-threaded to allow the lower to get light and penetrate.
    You look good so far.
    Yoda is one the best Scrogger's I seen on here, I tried it, and I just tie mine over a bit, it's easier and I'm lazy. I get plenty of yield anyways with more than I can smoke with cutting every 50 days more or less, strain dependant of course.

13. Thanks man. I'm not gonna lie it's back breaking. Trying to tuck the ones at the back of the tent without damaging takes a while. I have to have a little stet h break now and again. I wish I had one them tent with side doors.

Every 50 days, that's wicked, can I ask how you have your set up. I was shown a video where he shows how you an harvest every 60 days with 2 tents and a cutting container thing :s .. I'm gonna work up to this I think. Then theres less need to scrog anyway if it takes 60 days to harvest. This is my is basically gonna be 6 months start to finish.

I post pics in a couple days show yous if I'm managing..

14. Tuktuktuktuktuktuktukkkkk! Foliage getting denser by the day. Just tucking atm. Cleaned up under the bottom right plant abit. Don't think I'm gonna be able to clean up under the back ones, the way I have it set up its impossible to do :(...
    And still not sure what's gonna make the net in the next 10 days so don't wanna cut away anything I'll want.
    I think I'll end up with over a hundred tops, thinking the 2x2 spacing isn't enough to keep space in between :/. Also can't really go all the way to the edges, when closed and the negative pressure is in effect the few that are on the end square, you can see the side leaves bending down from where the wall gets sucked in. I don't think this will be good when the buds start forming!
    But all in all I'm still pretty happy with it even though I can't wait for them to stop stretching Already lol..

image.jpeg

15. My setup is 2 tents, LED's in the veg\clone tent, 600w HPS for the Flowering tent. One big drain line for emptying ether the veg or flowering buckets. Just open and close some ball valves. A chiller on my flowering res, commercial air pump going to each bucket and the res. Set res temp to 69, same with veg. Humidity\temp\speed controller in the veg attached to a 6 inch fan. Take your clones before you switch to 12\12 and you will have a very well rooted plant around 12--16 inches high and that round too. I keep the LED's close to the plant.
    Just cut and clean one day, next I take the bucket lids with the net pots of the veg and set em' on the flowering buckets and take clones. I run 3 part GH, starting 300 PPM's and keep going up to around 800 PPM's or so, you can grow as much with less PPM's and not take a chance on burning the plants. I use great white, love it, use to make Heisenberg tea but got lazy, the great white works as well. PH target 5.9, AC the grow room if necessary but if you move enough air you wont need it.
    You can look up some of my past grows and I go through each step of the way.

Looks good dude.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks a lot dude, I'll defo go though your old stuff when's get a chance. You seem to got everything down to a t! I doubt I'll leave soil for a while, at least get 2/3 under my belt first, scary territory. Very interested to see how you got your watering set up. It's an hour job for me atm. And as they drink more and more frequent, the hours spent watering a week are racking up.

17. My suggestion is to keep feeding veg nutes for a week or 2 before going to bloom nutes.

18. Just got through this one. beautiful set up with a very nice yeild from the two plants!

That's the plan. The next time they get nutes will be Monday (9 days into flower). and then water water nutes so the time after will be coming up to week 3 so I'm thinking 1 more grow big in Monday's watering and then Switch over to tiger bloom.
    You think I should increase nutrient frequency as they get bigger or stick to water water nutes?

19. I know nothing of dirt