GonG with rubber joint?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Darkvarden, Dec 13, 2009.

1. At one of my local head shops most of their bongs are GonG, but the joint is rubber. Avoid?

2. yea it totally defeats the purpous of a gong bong.

its just so you can use GonG slides on a grommet bong. waste of time imo

3. Yeah I was going to pick myself up an illy beaker bottom for christmas, but one of those GonG/grommit bongs at another shop was just so sexy and caught my eye.

4. my first bong was like that. it was a great bong.
    it def isnt something to avoid its doesnt really effect the bong at all. the only difference it really made was it was easier to clean.

5. if its mad cheap and thats what your looking for then go for it.. rubber doesnt hold up as well as glass though so keep that in mind. i dont really understand how it could be a glass on glass connection but have a rubber joint though

6. the slide and bowl itself are glass on glass but where the slide meets the bong is a rubber joint for the GonG slide.

7. No, it's not really the money, i'm planning on dropping $200-300 on a new bong for christmas. That 2010 illy beaker i might get is $225 (pretty sure that's a decent price on that illy, my local shop is overpriced on most stuff though)

8. I have had/and smoked out of a few pieces like this, and I think it's no big deal. :p

Around here things seem to come a bit slower, and when everyone started talking about GonG bongs, I hadn't even seen any at all in a headshop here.

What I did get, was a (I'll call it) half-GonG, like you're talking about here. It was blown locally and for my money I would say that half-GonG bong hits a lot better than a grommet bong.

Sure it may not be as good as something completely GonG, but if you're getting a good deal and it's higher quality than what you'd usually get, then whatever. :p

Still hits twice as good as a grommet bong, even it it's not completely GonG! ;)

9. correction...
    the down stem and the slide are glass. the bong has a hole in it and you put a rubber grommet in this hole. you now slide in the down stem in and put the slide in the down stem.

10. thats basically exactly what i explained except you replaced my words slide with "downstem" and bowl with "slide"..

11. oh, well yeah so then its a rubber grommet bong.. i never really associated GonG with a rubber grommet lol

12. It's just a different type of bong yo. It's usually a little cheaper but it doesn't mean it's like shitty and blows. It's not bad or anything but it's not true glass on glass, which is the best type of stuff you can get. I'd hit one if it's all I had, but I'm getting the RooR shipment soon ^_^.

13. yes and they are completely different things.

14. i have never seen a piece go for 2-300 with a rubber grommet, if your spending that much then yeah treat yourself to something nice without any rubber

15. Well maybe where you are from, here we call the downstem a slide and the bowl a bowl. Same fucking thing

16. $120 maxx

17. Oh you mean like the illy beaker bottom I was talking about?...

18. [​IMG]

$1200

19. lol id pay $150 for it MAYBE. i think its ugly and small and its not even true gong.

20. yeah man no offense if thats your piece or anything but id have to go with alpine and say even like $130 max haha i dont know where somebody got $1200 from