Gone to seed...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imcndn, May 16, 2006.

1. I have a female that has inadvertantly gone to seed. I plan on harvensting the seeds to keep, but can I also harvest any smokable bud from this plant?

Thaks,
    imcndn

2. What do you mean gone to seed? Marijane doesn't really go to seed like basil or herbs. There was a male plant somewhere that fertilized it and now it has seeds. Now that that is out of the way, it would probably be wise to harvest the plants when the seeds are ready. That way, you will have some great seeds for the next time. You know the seeds are ready when they start to "shell out" of their pods. When most of them are doing this you can harvest for seeds. It is a pain in the ass to get all the seeds out of the bud but, when you do, you will have some smoke albeit highly reduced in potency. Good luck.

3. Thanks for the explanation. You're right there was a male around. I just didn't remove it soon enough and it pollinated my female.

You said the bud would be smokable but less potent. Why is it on occasion I find a seed or more in bud I have bought. It's potency doesn't seem to be any less?

Thanks again for your help.

imcndn

4. One or two seeds are nature's way of making sure that if the plant was not harvested, that a seed would drop off in the winter and be in the soil. Then when the plant dies during the winter (because pot is an annual in nature) the seed will then germinate itself when the spring comes. This will keep the species going.

5. Gottcha... thanks again.

imcndn

6. Yea, what he said... It'll still be smokeable, just with seeds. Just like if you go to mexico and buy some brick weed! exept not all weed with seeds in it is shitty. Some of it is actually really good, depends on how its grown and the strain i guess. I would just keep growing it like you have been, and when its time to harvest keep all those seeds and grow them next year