Gone organic and aint going back

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by storz, Aug 13, 2018.

1. I finally got an organic soil recipe that works well for me. In the process of trial and error, I gave up a few times on going organic. Now that I have finally figured it out, there is NO WAY I am going back to my old ways. All I have to do is add tap water. Plants never looked better and the work needed in almost nothing. For anyone thinking of making the switch--do it, it is worth it IMHO.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. That's awesome. I'm right behind you. What's the soil recipe that you like, storz?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 Ar-Bsg, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Organic the only way man ben that way for a couple years now !

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wait till you taste your organic buds :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. That's great! It's super easy from here on in. I've been that way for about six years now and I'm lost in all the nute talk that I see posted. Makes my head spin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Storz...Radio silence. Are you going to share your soil recipe?

7. Good for you storz, easy when you work it out, been using a good soil mix for my plants for a good 5 years (not 100% organic) alway gives me good results, its very cheap and get to reuse 50% of the soil. less waste :)

8. yeah I gave it to you on a thread in indoor growing recently.
    Here it is:
    for 2 5gal pots
    1 cu ft. (2/3 bag of 1.5 cu ft bag) of Nectar For The Gods #4 soil mix
    .5 cu ft of worm castings
    8 qts of perlite
    1 cup Dol lime
    5 cups Dr. Earth Bloom Girl

Mix it up VERY well. put in container(s) with drain holes and water mix until just start to get run off.
    Let sit in warm dark place for 3 weeks.

Supper easy but a bit $$
    Its worth it.

9. Awesome. Thanks! Is it okay to use chlorinated water? You mentioned just using tap, so I guess the answer is yes? Truthfully I know very little about organic gardening, unfortunately, but starting to learn.

10. Yep right out of the tap for me.

11. It’s Good to let it sit for 24 hours before you use tap water Imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Storz - I think you used to use ffof if I remember correctly. What made you want to switch to nectar as your base?

13. 3 reasons
    Ffof is too buggy for me

More consistent water uptake in a SIP use.(dry spots) i think the coco helps

Ffof is too course for my liking....sticks, bark chunks, etc. Probably not a problem. I just dont like it.

14. Cool. Thanks. I was also going to ask if you were still using the SIP setup. Sounds like you are. Cheers.

15. So, I don't have nectar at my local shop, and it is waaaay expensive on Amazon (like, $50 for 1.5 cu ft).

Thoughts on substituting with Roots Organic instead?

16. there are a lot of additives in the NFG #4 so not sure whats in the Roots Organic. I bet the ol FFOF would work but I try not to use the stuff. If it were me, I would go FFOF as a substitute. I know it has some additives in it and it is readily available. I do like the coco blend though. Sorry I am not much help. LMK how it goes.

17. Did some research.....i think the Roots Organic Emerald Mountain soil would be the best choice

18. Cool, I appreciate that. Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

19. the only thing I don't like in that mix is the mammal feces in it. Don't like poo indoors.