Gone Fishin' - for a local competition, C&C

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by PipePuffer, Sep 17, 2007.

1. So this is an entry for a local photography competition. The competition is picking 12 winners (for a calender) and offers a cash prize of something like $100. The subject is "Lifestyles of Sheridan County" and we're a very rural, western town. Just about everybody here fishes, so I thought this would fit. It's my father in his Canoe in a local lake. It was a bright sunny day, but I made it a sunset sillouette in Photoshop. Enjoy
    [​IMG]
    Comments?

EDIT: New one:
    [​IMG]

2. Hes too dark compared to the background.

3. Umm... its a sillouette... he's supposed to be that dark.

4. Want me to edit the photo for you? I'm pretty good in photoshop.

5. It's good as far as composition goes, good job isolating the subject, but the sepia tone is far too dark. It needs to be bright enough to accentuate the shadows in the shot more. This is probably close to what I would have done;

[​IMG]

6. You caught me as I was re-doing it :p. My second try is in the first post below the original, tell me whatcha think. And anyone can have a go at photoshopping it if they like, i love to see others ideas.

7. Great crop, really cuts down on the vignetting a little bit. The color has kind of a yellow tinge to it, but I like it regardless.

Nice!

8. Thanks, thats more the color I wanted cause the coolest sunsets i've seen around here have been that color, so I aimed for that. I think this'll be my final that i'll submit for the comp, i dont like to re-try photos too many times. Thanks!

9. I want to original picture to photoshop. That way It's more shadows than filling him in with black.