Golf

Discussion in 'General' started by Liquidtruth, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Normally I enjoy winter, which may sound odd to some of you, but it is a very peaceful season. However I have been wanting it to end since it started, due mainly to my newfound love of Golf. I can't wait to play again and it is driving me crazy that I can't. Anyone else on the city a Golf lover?

2. Yea , I am, but it sure is an exspensive hobby !! . I can only play ever so often because of that, but it will be nice to get that warm weather back for sure. I normally shoot in the high 80's, 90's on a good day. and sometimes I dont keep count. lol.

3. I just started golfing last year and my straight drive turned into a horrible shanking... It's been bad. I need to work on my swing badly, but winter = no driving range and I haven't been able to play virtual golf or make use of an indoor driving range. Aw well, it isn't too far off now.

The cool thing is, the course that is closest to me charges $9 for twilight. If you play fast enough (normally there are few on the course) you can get in a full 18 holes. Which is good. I can't wait until Spring and I pray there isn't much water!

4. water sucks !! I was playing this course at Oak Mountain, near where I live, and when it rains there are lake size puddles that form in the fairways, so when you hit a perfect drive it land in a water hole, and you lose your balls. lol.

5. Water does indeed suck. Last year most of the courses were shut down until like June (or July, can't remember the exact month) because of all the water we had. I didn't quite mind since I didn't really start golfing until August... But I know all the Golfers weren't happy. So I am hoping this year isn't a repeat of last year.

6. Game of golf clears your thoughts

7. golf is pretty fun, i enjoy the winter a lot because of skiing, its a fuckin blast

8. golf is fun as long as you dont suck. a horrible day on the course always ends up putting me in a bad mood for awhile but a good day can keep me happy for some time. Although you kno what they say, a bad day on the course is better than a good day at work

i cannot wait for the courses to start opening up(only one here on campus but TONS back home) i love teeing up the golf cart and making it go like 40mph

9. Ive actually just taken up golf and ive been wanting a little springtime for a while. febuary gets so fucking gray.

10. I tried golf once, it was fun, but that was probably because we shotgunned a beer at each hole, and I had a couple bottles of Jack from the minibar at the hotel.

11. hell yea i love playin golf :hello: i have been playin for about 15 years now and the last 2 years i have been livin on a country club with an 18 hole championship course!!! good times good times...especially when you bring some bud and alcohol along!! one thing that i must have while playin golf is a golf cart, it makes playin so much more fun and easier!! peace

rep + golf rules!!!

12. A friend of mine is predicting that we will be able to golf in 8 weeks... For some reason 8 weeks feels like a bloody eternity. Aw well, I hope it goes by fast and I hope his prediction is right, because it could easily be longer than that.

For some reason I enjoy walking most of the time (With a pull cart, carrying your bag can only effect your game in a negative way I think), though having a power cart is very relaxing, and if the thing has doors on it, it's a great place to :smoke: in.

13. your telling me man, the last few years i have always been in shorts and t-shirts and able to play glof in march down in kansas city. but now that i live minneapolis its still way to cold to play :( but i saw the weather was in the 80s already in kc :eek: peace

14. Ok you basically described me there. I love snowboarding and all but recently all i wanna do is golf man! I think its because last summer me and my brother went golfing and just blazed it up. We has such a good time, we usually dont have that much fun.