Goldman Sachs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by forty winks, Dec 10, 2013.

1. #1 forty winks, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/how-markets-are-rigged-against-you-1.2456677

More -

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-05/goldman-sachs-suits-over-aluminum-set-for-venue-hearing.html

2. It's not surprising they screw their clients around if this is true. I actually had no idea they provided this type of service. Good find.

Anyone that deals with Commodities trading usually provides this service. If you know about that form of trading once in a while you hear about the mistakes new traders make like one at JP Morgan a few years ago that accidentally had to receive like 2000 head of cattle lol. As a result JP Morgan had to house, feed, tend to the cattle for a while until they could sell them. 

4. #4 Deleted member 472633, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Ahh Goldman Sachs one of the top contributors to the Obama and Romney campaigns. Didn't they recently cut a check to Hillary for half a mill? 

5. Don't forget about the $6bill loss on futures contracts that JP Morgan exec.'s covered up....fined by the SEC for $2 bill

Yea I think so. Its like Romney's old company Bain Capital gave more to Democrats then Republicans and one of there VPs serves on Obama's Economic councils..funny how that works. 

7. yeah, the cronyism runs deep.

On a side note fuck Goldman Sachs!

8. Yeah well, they're not goin away anytime soon I promise you that

true that.
    have you ever watched "Too Big To Fail"?

10. yeah great documentary.

11. Wasn't it a mini movie on either HBO or Showtime? I liked that film for entertainment purposes but I felt it was propaganda to shift the blame and make it look like Gitner, Bernake, and Paulson were heros that saved us from a worse fate.

12. it's been a minute since I've seen it, it's on Netflix

13. Yeah it didn't really go into how these guys were encouraged to do what they did, in fact incentivized by the government.

14. Yeah, if I recall correctly there is one quick little scene where an aid to Paulson asks "why wasn't this regulated?" and Paulson responds "everyone was too busy making money" and that was all they touched on that.

15. Why the fuck would anyone trust Goldman Sachs?

The biggest section of the Goldman Sachs Wikipedia page is the "controversies" bit.

16. [quote name="Malvolio" post="19145906" timestamp="1386815554"]Why the fuck would anyone trust Goldman Sachs?The biggest section of the Goldman Sachs Wikipedia page is the "controversies" bit.[/quote]because they get shit done

17. [quote name="forty winks" post="19145982" timestamp="1386816295"]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/business-economy-financial-crisis/untouchables/survey-one-in-four-on-wall-street-open-to-insider-trading/[/quote]My personal opinion, not that it matters, but I disagree with insider trading laws.I feel if you have access to this information you should be able to act on it, board executives aside.If you really want to stay on top of insider trading in the market, bloomberg has insider trading real time charts that show trading activity among board members updated constantly.

18. [quote name="STilladelph" post="19143060" timestamp="1386782610"]it's been a minute since I've seen it, it's on Netflix[/quote]I think you're thinking of Inside Job. It's a documentary based on the eponymous book about the whole too big to fail thing, while Too Big to Fail is a cable movie.