Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Golden Hash Oil

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by weedlivesforme, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Have any of you guys ever tried hash oil by dripping it on a bowl? and if so how was your experience, just a brief summary.

btw when i first smoked it we drenched our bowl with it and when i first lit it the whole thing caught fire, is this normal?

2. I smoked some the other day like that and the same thing happened so I guess its normal.

3. Sounds like maybe there was solvent in it? IDK I guess if your holding a flame up to it, it has a flash point. I prefer dabs but it definitely gives the bowl a kick :bongin:

4. yeah, i think there was a cooking oil in it to make the hash oil in the first place, although i hope they didnt make BHO and use butane or acetone or any other things, that would be harmful

5. You should never apply direct flame to oil. It destroys most of the thc.. hover your lighter over it and don't let flame touch oil.

6. I smoke wax/oil almost every day. That shit gets me!

7. god, it gets me too, we smoked about 10 bowls of it, the weed we smoked was high quality too so i was completely fucked for about 11-12 hours, i havnt smoked since then, i was like too high if that makes sense,

8. Cooking oil would be much worse for you to smoke than BHO. Butane is volitle and will come out of the oil if you do even a decent purge. Even if you didnt butane combusts to CO2 and H2O which you breath with every breath. BHO is the cleanest way to smoke

9. CO2 hash, O2 hash, water hash, dry ice hash?

10. i asked the guy and he said it was BHO, also i just googled BHO and apparently when you make it the Butane doesnt actually stay in the weed when you smoke it so you arent inhaling butane :D, thats a lot less gross cause inhaling chemicals and gasses isnt very safe

11. To make BHO that's really clean takes a lot of purging and some decent equipment to do the job. There was a company with an ad not too long ago about how they purge their oil and it was like super-high laboratory standards and with equipment that's just not within reach of the stoner-garage BHO setups.

Isopropyl alcohol extracted oil is cleaner and MUCH stronger than BHO. BHO can run around 60-75% THC when it's really well made. But well made iso oil can be up to 90% THC -at least that's what was written up in a big article on the subject in the local NW Leaf Magazine a few months ago.

12. ISO ALL DAY SON!

Fuck making oil with lighter fluid, I prefer not to smoke lubricants.

13. Don't be too sure. Some Cannabis Clubs around my area aren't accepting Butane Hash anymore because it's known to contain impurities. People with weaker immune systems were getting terribly sick from it. It's very difficult to purge Butane out correctly, and have clean hash.

14. Gets me ripped :smoking:

When I smoke it in a bowl I barely touch it with the flame, just use heat to melt it into the weed and puff away. Dabs are great too.

Attached Files:

15. That is not true at all, BHO is consitently stronger than quiso. Iso is able to solvate more of the plant matter then butane. This means that BHO has a higher % of psychoactive material. You can make pretty well purged hash with just heat. If you are that worried you can get a vaccum setup for around 250$, the cost of a decent tube

16. #16 tstick, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    Okay, well, I'm just a messenger here, but here is what the article states;

"ISOPROPYL VS BHO"

"....For users, Isopropyl honey oil is the strongest oil available. Isopropyl honey oil (IHO) often tests in the 90% level for cannabinoids while BHO tests at half that level. While IHO might taste slightly harsher than BHO, as a result of improper purging, the residues left from the isopropyl alcohol are safer than butane residues. This yields an overall cleaner medicine in most cases...."

And the next page shows a variety of oils and their test results:

OG Kush BHO = 75% THC / 5.6% CBD

Space Oil IHO = 93% THC / <1% CBD

Mango Kush BHO = 82.1% THC / 10.5% CBD

Blue Haze IHO = 92.9% THC / 4.3% CBD

Purple Haze BHO = 45% THC / 22% CBD

Aaron Palmer IHO = 45.2% THC / 25.2% CBD

*And the dispensary these are from is one that specializes in oils and concentrates.

So there you go! That's what is a from a well-respected cannabis publication in one of the two cities that has legalized marijuana. :)

17. [quote name='"ZionLion2"']
    Cooking oil would be much worse for you to smoke than BHO. Butane is volitle and will come out of the oil if you do even a decent purge. Even if you didnt butane combusts to CO2 and H2O which you breath with every breath. BHO is the cleanest way to smoke[/quote]

It combusts to co2 and h2o? I did not know this.

18. Oh, and also...This was in a recent copy of DOPE Magazine from an ad for Meditiva:

This is what is considered as a proper purging method for BHO and PHO (Propane):

Step 1: We begin by extracting the cannabis using our CP grade butane and propane in our Light Hydrocarbon Extractor

Step 2: We then take the extracted materials and break them down with ethanol and place the contents in a beaker where it's heated until all the hash has broken down completely. It's then frozen in a deep freezer for 12 hours.

Step 3: The frozen ethanol hash mix is put into a vacuum filter where the waxes are removed from the oil.

Step 4: The filtered ethanol/oil is then put into a rotary evaporator where the ethanol is separated from the hash oil, leaving an even more concentrated product.

19. #19 ZionLion2, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    Wow! that is a serious process. rotavaps run around 6500$ so that is probably out of the price range of everyone but the most serious extraction facilities. Also the percentages you you posted do not offer a real comparison between the two methods because they were all done on different strains.

20. [quote name='"tstick"']Okay, well, I'm just a messenger here, but here is what the article states;

"ISOPROPYL VS BHO"

"....For users, Isopropyl honey oil is the strongest oil available. Isopropyl honey oil (IHO) often tests in the 90% level for cannabinoids while BHO tests at half that level. While IHO might taste slightly harsher than BHO, as a result of improper purging, the residues left from the isopropyl alcohol are safer than butane residues. This yields an overall cleaner medicine in most cases...."

And the next page shows a variety of oils and their test results:

OG Kush BHO = 75% THC / 5.6% CBD

Space Oil IHO = 93% THC / <1% CBD

Mango Kush BHO = 82.1% THC / 10.5% CBD

Blue Haze IHO = 92.9% THC / 4.3% CBD

Purple Haze BHO = 45% THC / 22% CBD

Aaron Palmer IHO = 45.2% THC / 25.2% CBD

*And the dispensary these are from is one that specializes in oils and concentrates.

So there you go! That's what is a from a well-respected cannabis publication in one of the two cities that has legalized marijuana. :)[/quote]

These numbers show almost identical levels? Plus, you have to factor in totals with cbd. Bho that is only 40% is bitch shit