Gold zone for root rot?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bongsnblunts, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Im currently using Dutch masters gold range ZONE to battle some root rot because ive read dozens of miracle stories from people using it.

Anyways while using this for my battle should i use JUST the zone and maybe some cal mag untill its gone or should i keep running my nutes while using it? In using jungle juice grow and micro

2. Never used any of those products but have dealt with root rot on a few occasions. Need to be more specific. What kinda setup (soil/hydro), feed cycles, water temps, pH , ppm, tap or filtered water, any flushes etc..

3. I didnt post any of that info because its all on point, i basically just need that one question answered

4. #4 str8jacket, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015

So you want people to put on their blindfolds and guess what advice might be beneficial without knowing what medium/method/system, or without knowing anything about your source water, or anything about what you might be doing to cause this root rot that you speak of?

Let me check my crystal ball...

It says that you should fix what ever you are doing that is causing the roots to drown. If you are growing in soil or soil-less medium, you are over watering the medium, and if you are growing without a medium your system is not getting enough oxygen to the roots.

It's not that complicated. People only make it complicated when they want to be able to 'fix the problem' by adding something instead of actually fixing the problem, thereby generating a circular learning curve.

Addition by subtraction usually works much better.

5. You are better off working out what is causing your root rot so you can prevent it happening in the first place. Adding something to the water to counteract the rot shouldn't be a long term solution. I have never had root rot and I don't use that product. What does it say on the label? What does it actually do? And what's in it? 

6. #6 bongsnblunts, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    Im using DWC, using jungle juice grow and micro, gold zone is a root conditioner that stimulates new healthy root growth and also destroys any bacteria, my PH is at about 5.5-5.9, room temp stays at 76 at night and about 82-83 in the afternoon, im growing inside if a 4x4 tent with a full spectrum 600 watt LED from growblu. Humidity is pretty low around 30% i know i need humidifier.

7. But i think i figured out at-least part of my problem, im having a really bad calcium deficiency in few of my leaves, which ive read can cause root rot if the deficiency is bad enough, theres 0.5% calcium in the grow nutes and 0.5% in the micro. And i know some nutes dont have high enough levels so some people need to add cal-mag. Thats probably going to be my next step

Wow that is some hot nutrient solution. That is almost certainly the cause of the problem. Higher temperatures lessen the amount of oxygen water can hold. The low oxygen content allows anaerobic bacteria to thrive.

I can't really tell anything without it being full colour, but the damaged leaves are probably from the low oxygen

9. #11 bongsnblunts, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    Maybe, but ive been using very low doses, between 2 - 2.5 ML of grow and same dosage for the micro, the leaves started as a deficiency before i started using any nutes and has just been getting worse since 2 weeks of age

10. What are the temps of your solution in you buckets take a picture of airstone, are you using one pump per bucket? It's crucial to have plenty of oxygen and to keep your red temps below 75 I personally aim for 70 maybe a touch less, this helps for prevent bacteria growth and cooler temps hold more oxygen. As far as curing your root rot beside ensuring a good environment make a batch of water and zone at 1ml per gallon no nutes let her sit 24hrs take you plant and lift her up and down to gently rinse in solution, after 24 hrs change batch to half your nutrient strength and keeping your zone at 1 ml per gallon check in a day or two may need to change again then slowly work your way back to your previous ppm's may take a full week or two. Hope this helps

G