Goku versus Superman

Discussion in 'General' started by Agalloch, May 20, 2012.

1. #1 Agalloch, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    I've always loved the idea of an epic sparring match between two of the strongest superheroes conceived by man. Superman, and Goku. First let's list some abilities and background info.

Goku (Son-Goku/Kakarot)
    [​IMG]
    Originally thought to be a human, later found out to be a member of the warrior race known as Saiyans from the planet Vegeta. Originally sent to Earth to destroy it, he is found by an old hermit named Gohan. At first, Goku was extremely violent and ill-tempered, not obeying Gohan at all, but one day he fell down a deep ravine and hit his head, suffering severe head trauma that sent him into a coma and very nearly killed him. After he woke up, he had lost all of his Saiyan aggression, becoming a kind and mild-mannered young boy, and later the benevolent unofficial leader of the Z Fighters.

Abilities
    1. Superhuman strength and durability
    2. Super speed and swift relfexes
    3. Chi mastery, allowing energy blasts of incredible power
    4. Can fly via the Air Dance Technique taught by Kami

Notable Attacks
    1. Kamehameha Wave (Learned from Master Roshi)
    2. Kaio-ken, increases his strength and chi for an instant (Taught by King Kai)
    3. Spirit Bomb, gathers chi from other lifeforms (Also taught by King Kai)
    4. Instant Transmission, basically teleportation (Taught by inhabitants of Yardrat)
    5. Superior to the Kaio-ken, Goku can also transform into varying form of Super Saiyan. I won't count SSJ4, just 1, 2, and 3.
    6. Can fuse with Vegeta to create arguably the strongest superhero ever envisioned.

Superman (Man of Steel/Kal-El/Clark Kent)
    [​IMG]
    Born as Kal-El on the dying planet Krypton, his parents Jor-El and Lara sent him in a rocket to the planet Earth where he would be the last surviving member of his race. His rocket was discovered by the kindly Jonathan and Martha Kent, who raised him as their son Clark Kent in the town of Smallville, Kansas. His upbringing provided him with strong moral values.

Abilities
    1. Super strength
    2. Super speed
    3. Invulerability (To non-magical attacks)
    4. Flight
    5. Freezing breath and heat vision

Notable Attacks
    Aside from his list of abilities, I'm not sure he has any special moves. If I'm missing something let me know and I'll edit this part.

On to the fight! Now assuming Superman's strength forces Goku to power-up to SSJ3, I think they'd be fairly equal in hand-to-hand. We know Superman is mostly invulnerable to non-magical attacks, but keep in mind he's never fought anyone as strong as Goku. I forgot to list it, but Saiyans also become much stronger if they are beaten down but not killed. This isn't a fight to the death anyway, after all they're both good guys! Now assuming Goku can't best Superman in hand-to-hand, Goku of course will revert to his chi attacks. I'm not sure if these count as magical attacks, but for the sake of argument let's say they do. Of course Goku would not go insane and try and destroy the planet trying to get Superman to submit, but at this point in the fight Superman will be trying to close any gaps. While Superman is extremely fast, Goku has instant transmission. So in my opinion, unless Superman can best Goku fast in melee combat, he will lose to Goku's chi abilities. To be fair, each fighter gets 1 senzu bean and Goku cannot do any fusing with Vegeta, that wouldn't be fair. And no kryptonite lol.

Ok folks, how do you think it would play out?
    [​IMG]

2. Id have to go with goku on this one, hes gotta be faster and stronger than superman, and his energy attacks could destroy entire planets. goku isnt as easily crippled as superman eithee, one chunk of krypronite and hes on the ground, goku doesnt even have the usual saiyans weakness of tail~grabbing because his tail was removed.

Attached Files:

3. Goku for sure.

4. We're assuming this is a friendly spar and neither are going to exploit any major weaknesses like kryponite or anything like that. :)

Come on Marvel fanboys, I know you're out there!

This would be by no means a quick fight. Both of these superbeings have insane endurance and would probably take the brawl to a useless planet like they did for the fight for Buu in DBZ. (Sorry supreme kai)

5. lol his weakness is tail grabbing

6. I too suffer frm a similar weakness. :smoking:

Come on guys I know you have more to add!

Let's say Superman can out run Goku's chi attacks, or perhaps deflect them using heat vision or such. This would drag the fight on for a long time. We're talking about two of the strongest fictional characters around. It's possible the match would be a draw!

[​IMG]

7. the fight would go on for at least 30 episodes......

8. Like, not even a competition... Goku.

9. Don't underestimate the Man of Steel, where's the Marvel fanboys at? :bongin:

I voted for Goku, but I'm a DBZ fanboy lol

10. Superman is invincible to all odds! im right.

11. Deja vu to the fucking max right now

12. Superman cant die. The only time he "died" he was flung into the sun which only served to regenerate him. How many times did Goku die? Like 15?

13. #14 cosbysweater, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    Here I am! But I'm a fangirl. And Superman is DC, lol.

First off, Goku, as much I like his character, is a fucking idiot. If this were a match of smarts, you'd clearly have to vote that lovable retard off the island. But this ain't a match of smarts, so whatever.

Second, the weakest argument someone could bring into a match against Superman v. some other character outside of the DC universe is kyrptonite. This is assuming somehow that the other character has access to kryptonite, without even knowing wtf it is and where to find it.

Third, everyone talks about how Goku's skill is the level up in the match against Superman, which I won't deny, but you'd also have to realize it took a lot of episodes for Goku to learn/master these techniques. If it were a match of an earlier Goku and an earlier Superman, Supes would obviously win.

But as far as who has more will to continue after a devestating match...I'll say Goku. Only because, once upon a time, Superman was a pretty aggressive guy (in the S&S original). Then, over the years, he's been dumbed down to this emotional idiot who'd probably shed a tear if a puppy got ran over.

In the end, it wouldn't matter who'd win because the way I see it, if these two characters existed and did carry out a long fight, half of humanity would be dead. :laughing:

14. [quote name='"Apollyon1325"']How many times did Goku die? Like 15?[/quote]
    Ummm
    Doesn't that prove that he can't die?

Goku.
    Talk to funkd, he'll tell you what's up.
    I miss his thread being active.

15. Pretty sure all the saiyens would beat superman..

Along with the fact that they KNOW how to fight, superman just uses that farmboy fight tactic

16. Idk about all of them, maybe the super saiyans.

17. id go for goku but if it was goku v. dr Manhattan then the games over..

18. I'd put my money on Super Vegeto taking down Manhattan.