GOK GARDENER

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by HAZZI427, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Start off by saying thanks for checking out my post. Decided to post due to switching nutrient line and being my first Semi-organic grow ive taken myself out of my comfort zone and would like feedback and advice.

I'm an experienced gardener and love everything about it. Usually I can solve my own problems and can easily find the answers to any situation. Unfortunately I have come across an issue that I am not able to solve. Now I'm not pulling my hair out over it or stressing to much but it's still a problem I'd like to solve. So any help or advice is welcome.

Started using Nectar of the Gods nutrient line and soil #4... everything is going pretty damn well, except some leaf coloring in a few spots, nothing major just strange.

I'll have to post some close up pics when I get home later today so you can see what I'm talking about.

It's almost like a camouflage on the leaves. Dark green lines going horizontal and the rest of the leaf is almost lime colored.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it if I knew what bottle has what in it, in the form of nutrients. I believe it might be nitrogen deficiency but not sure.

Plant on the left in front is the one with a few sets of leaves that are strange colorings

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Any ideas about what the cause of this is? Where are all the people growing organically?

4. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. is it on lower leaves only? if so i wouldnt worry about it. just top dress with some EWC and kelp if you got it.

6. Not necessarily bottom, kinda just here and there in places. But it's just a few leaves on one plant. Everything else is good. Got one plant that is small but that happens, and then this plant with the strange coloring.

7. Battling iron Def

Probably not doing something right using this line of nutrients.

My hopeful solution-
    Soil ph is 6.9-7.0
    Tap water is 6.9-7.0
    Mixed feed is 5.5

Feed at 5.5 WITHOUT adding PH up. Soil is at 7.0.... Introducing the feed at 5.5 should lower my soil ph to 6.1-6.5 area. Then water at 6.9 will bring the soil to 6.6-6.9 area. That would help hit all the sweet spots for nutrient intake.

Unless the labels on NECTAR FOR THE GODS are false, then this line is organic. And I've never grown this way before. It's a head ache. Help from people that truly understand botany is much needed. Thanks

8. i wouldnt worry too much about PH, what happens in organics is that the plant actually regulates the PH in the soil by excreting different exudes and promoting more bacterial OR more fungal growth and thus controlling the PH according to its needs.

looking at your photos the plants like good and healthy, what makes you think you have iron def?

cant tell you much about the nute line you are using but i can tell you this: forget about bottles. at least start thinking about making a good soil for your next round and ditch all bottled nutes, organic or otherwise. you are just paying much more for what you can easily achieve and surpass by making your own soil using quality compost/EWC and a weekly SST application, at a fraction of the price.
    i was also walking this same path, started with chems, then tried "organic" bottled nutes, which did improve the quality of my bud somewhat but it wasn't until i made a good soil following the advice in the no-till thread that i brought my grow to a whole other level.

9. I can completely agree with you on all levels. I can grow anything with Chem nutrients, I know the ins and outs like a 20 year employee. My hydroponics guy got a huge sample shipment from NECTAR FOR THE GODS. So everything I'm using this grow is free. I was given the advanced line nutrients with 6 bags of soil just to try it out.

I'd rather go true organic than semi bottle organics, but I don't know shit about keeping microorganisms alive.

And my problem with the PH is that before I transplanted them to 5 Gallon pots it was running off at 7.5.
    After transplant run off is 6.9-7.0
    Gave them a feed at 5.5 and the run off was 6.6- 6.9.

As for why I believe I'm experiencing fe def... all upper shoots are bright yellow and some fan leaves are looking like this uploadfromtaptalk1450187232168.jpg

10. The problem is that most folks here in the Organics forum just don't use bottled nutrients, organic or not. They make their own soils from scratch and then don't worry much about anything besides keeping the soil moist with water.

Good luck in your garden.

J

11. Well, I've started the 36 hours of darkness before 12/12. I'm probably ditching the organic thoughts and going back to feeding GH Floranova.

12. please dont base your opinion on organics based on results you got from a line of bottles. if you really want to try organics you should mix a batch of soil with a quality humus source, not some bagged soil you got at the shop. there is no way you are not changing your way of growing after 1 round in a quality soil. not to mention after you taste the results.

13. I'm sure I'f I made a super-soil and knew what was in my soil and knew what was needed for micro herds to survive and understood how all that shit worked I'd love it. But it seems that I've got a MUCH BETTER understanding on how to provide for my plants with chemical fertilizers.

14. nah its a lot easier then you think. microbes can take care of themselves, all you need to do is mix a soil according to a simple recipe. there is not much to understand and very little to do once you got your soil going.

15. Organics is something I believe I need to actually learn before utilizing it. Not Hating on it at all. Maybe it's because I'm using bottled organics from Necter for the gods and it dont work or I'm doing it wrong. Either way, my mind is made up about going back to GH Bloom. I'm starting flower and gonna lose my girls if I continue with what I'm doing. Chemical nutrients will fix that issue as I know what I'm doing with them.

16. Organics isn't for everyone Scooby. ;)

OP, I will say this, though - and I've no doubt that most will agree - the end result from organically grown cannabis is superior to chemically grown. Not sure if that matters to you or not. It's just that an organic garden will show the true flavors and aromas of the same genetics - and it can be amazing.

Good luck in your gardening endeavors.

J

17. Everything matters when it comes to growing MJ.... being that I grow for myself and many others, flavor, taste and appearance is a major concern. I'm sure organic can truly show superior genetics than chemical but I can not complain about the product I make and everyone gets hippy stoner on my girls.

You can always do something to make it a lil better, and better but I'm not going down that road.

Learned many many years ago, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    And what I've been doing was never broke, just really wanted to try an organic approach and learn as I go about it. FIAL

I don't want to be negative towards a nutrient line but FUCK NFTG. I'd like to hear from anybody that has been successful with Nectar for the gods.

If I decide to try organics again I will learn it first.

18. there might be one person who could of had success with necter of the gods and that would be the person producing it.
    although i wouldnt bet on it since you are not the first i read about getting free samples and it being short of spectacular.

full line of NOTG on amazon is 199$ and good for about 55 applications (=55 gallons) while a 50# bag of kelp and neem are about 60$ each, couple pounds of malted barley for SST=10$.
    so about 130$ (without doing any market research) not even going to do the math but at 1TABLESPOON per gallon for kelp tea or neem tea and ratios of 1cup each in a cubic foot of soil, you will be sitting on those bags for quite some time.

19. #20 pomansouth01, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
    to the OP....if you decide to venture into the organic side you need to first read the first 50 pages of the no-till thread here in the organic section and then maybe study up on the easy organic soil for beginners thread....just the first few pages....once you got all of that in and understand it a little, you need to only make 1 no-till at the time....and remember to leave all bottled "nutes" out of your regimen for that pot all the way through flower...

If you want a really easy route....
    use a 10-15 gallon pot
    buy promix
    put it in a tub and hydrate it like you would coco
    buy ewc (1cuft)(its best to have multiple quality sources of compost or ewc)
    put it in a tub by its self and add 1 cup of atleast kelp, neem, and crab meal(you can add other stuff too, but simple is fine for the first time to get your feet "dirty"

If you want to add other things, they should be stuff like malted barley flour and glacial rock dust and gypsum. Gypsum only add at half the rate of your 1 cup stuff. And the malted barley I add 2 ounces ground up per cubic foot of ewc Oh if you are going to do all of this research, do not miss out of BIO Char

buy aeration amendment....(lava rock is fine from HD)

mix these 3 to 5 gallons a piece...depending on how big of a pot you have and pot it up.....

plant a cover crop in this soil once it has sat for a week and start watering it to keep the soil moist

This can all be done for less than 100 dollars and you do not have to reamend or "till" your dirt....just replant right beside the old stump....leave the rootball and all in the pot and just plant....and you will have tons of left over stuff to be used for other things, such as an IPM system using the neem to spray with and also soak your soil with neem....I could go on, but I think you can get the information from the horses mouth much better than I can regurgitate it....Im horrible at verbatim repeating

if you follow this simple set of instructions you will get comparable results to your chem nutes

Now once you really get the hang of it and figure out what your favorite cultivar likes, you can at least match the bottled nutes in dirt program as far as weight and size....but the organic flower will be premium in taste

So even though you have a schedule to stick to for now, don't give up on it. Remember that most of the time bottled nutes deplete your soil food web so now nutrient cycling has stopped naturally and now the plant will wait between watering to get its next bit of nutrients instead of having fresh nutrients waiting all the time in the rootzone....this is most likely why you came into alot of trouble this try