going vegeterian...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Sunny Jim, Nov 23, 2011.

1. that is not vegetarian bro. lol
    Also, any "vegetarians" who eats fishes need to know that they are not vegetarians, they are pescatarian. Major pet peeve of mine when people claim they are vegetarians and they say they eat fish.

2. for one, cheap. I had been getting kind of broke due to doctor visits and having a crappy insurance that can only let me claim $50 per visit and 50% on prescription medicine. My doctor visits cost between 200~400 per visit and as a college student it is really causing major pinch. I had not smoked any pot for some time too as I can't afford it until I get well enough.

Secondly, I had always hated veggies as a kid and after having my blood works etc done it had shown me how unhealthy my diet had made me. I did see a number of alternative healing methods that had been heavy on plant based diet and I figured considering how much medical costs are, it would both reduce my food cost and I don't see many reasons for it to cause me much side effects. So I thought to just pair it and see how it works.
    I tried to do my research when I can since it can well be possible that jumping into something without reading up enough could possible cause my health to get worse.

As for the myth or not part I am simply not too sure as there are way too many conflicting sources...
    The protein myth was easily debunked after finding out how to match different food to get the essential amino acids. B12 however I am not 100% sure since there is no real plant based options as far as I could tell. Sometimes I would rather be safe and make sure I get everything my body needs. I already have bad health I don't have to make it worse.

3. because a lot of those supplements uses cyanocobalamin which is semi synthetic and uses cyanide in it's manufacturing as their B12.
    Sorry I think I kind of hijacked this thread =|

4. I had not smoked for quite a long time. The last time I did a pick up was over 2 months ago.
    Ok, ima gonna stop hijacking this thread.

5. I'm poor and eat shit... I'm sorry.

6. [quote name='"knospe420"']I'm poor and eat shit... I'm sorry.[/quote]

Lol you don't need to apologize. Just because they ACT better than you and make you feel like they are, doesn't MEAN they are. It's like Christians. :)

7. Ive been Vegetarian for about a week and half now and i'm feeling great. I have so much more energy then I usually do. And honestly looking at the food on the commercials now just make me sick to my stomach. I cant believe I use to eat that shit. It's not that hard being vegetarian you can make SO many good dishes and soups. Plus knowing all the shit they put into that nasty food and meat makes me never want to eat it again. I'm also alot more happy then I usually am and don't get tired as much as I use to.

8. I don't understand how people can still eat meat. Watching the videos of all the animals getting slaughtered makes me want to cry. Theyre helpless put into these cramped places and beaten by the people who are supplying you this meat. The poor animals dont even know whats going on. It makes me sick to my stomach.

9. saw a picture of a bumper sticker today...

"vegetarian, an old Indian word for poor hunter" made me giggle and think of this thread

10. I'm more concerned that every time someone makes a thread about vegetarianism, all the meat eaters flock to the thread and post pictures of meat and start calling people names. This is usually followed-up with some sort of meat-eater apologist tactic such as "waaah those pesky vegetarians keep shoving their lifestyles in our faces". I think all that rotting meat is rotting their brains.

11. Hmmm, I eat meat and seem to survive.

Maybe we dont have enough money to buy all those expensive low cal nuts, legumes, veges and fruits!

12. Thank you for not contributing to this thread whatsoever. Try reading the original post before you make the assumption that every vegetarian thread was made to force-feed you facts about your diet.

13. after a bit of thinking i have decided to try vegetarianism, after midnight i am done eating meat, for how long, I'm not sure...

14. [quote name='"Chilltoker420"']I don't understand how people can still eat meat. Watching the videos of all the animals getting slaughtered makes me want to cry. Theyre helpless put into these cramped places and beaten by the people who are supplying you this meat. The poor animals dont even know whats going on. It makes me sick to my stomach.[/quote]

Let me guess. It was made by PETA?

15. Hey man.. I only read the original post.. I just wanted to put in my two cents.....

I was vegetarian and my sons were both vegetarians when I was pregnant and for my older son the first 7 years of his life and my younger son the first 5 years of his life.. We all started eating meat again in 2010.. I was vegetarian for 11 years... I think being vegetarian is pretty healthy if you do it right.. only eat organic all natural non processed foods... but truly a paleo diet is healthier. we actually started eating meat again for health reasons

paleo diet is healthier imo than vegetarian based on my research and my families personal story of health and illness.... and its more satisfying. google it. avoid sugars.. start drinking enough water and tea.. get exercise. research do the work reap the benefits
    peace in 2012

16. BEFORE Thanksgiving? Now that's just cruel.