Going to work high...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by linuxmann, Jul 6, 2005.

1. +rep, lol.

2. I'm a hostess at a restaurant, it's really hard for me to not be kind of socially awkward when high so I've only smoked before work maybe twice and both times I got really lucky and it wasn't busy. I generally try to avoid it though, since alot of customers are regulars and try to make small talk with me.

When I used to work at a movie theater I could've been high all the time, I kinda wish I took more advantage of that but didn't smoke as much.

3. I work at Arby's so dealing with the people in the church rush is always better when I am high. Being high at work is all good as long as you can control it but believe me, 30 minutes later and I am hitting a couple Arby Melts and some Mozz stix. LOL I love being high no matter where I go......just bring some hand lotion, cologne, eye drops, and some gum or breath mint and your golden.

4. I did it my second day at my new job , and I worked with such efficiency that I was amazed at myself

5. Complete agreement...

I don't think that it is a huge deal if someone like a store clerk, or a cook in a restaraunt blazes before work. In fact, a stoned cook would probably make tastier food than one that isn't.

6. I got mac over here man, im a graphic artist/filmmaker, but i work (for money, at least) at a pool givin out those baskets for ppls clothes. Ive been sober every day of work before, anyone got any advice for me tokin b4 hand incase im still stoned?

7. I don't go into work high, as I never know who's going to stop by my office (closet smoker at work). However, I try to work from home on Fridays and I can usually be found in a safety meeting around 1pm.

8. I work at Hardees where everybody including the managers smoke. As long as there are no customers you can step outside and boof as you please. Shit even the mnagers will join you from time to time. Theyre cool with their employees being high as long as we don't make it completely obvious to the customers and we can still get everything done that needs to be.

A couple weeks ago a coworker and I blazed a few blunts before work and we were the only ones working other than the manager. Well, out of nowhere a huge rush comes in and its difficult to keep up with only 1 other guy helping you. I was taking orders and he was making the food, and he messed up on someones order and she told me she wanted it made again. And of course he fucked it up again. Obviously by now the lady was infuriated and she grabbed a comment card and angrily started writing things down. Later I looked at the card and it read "The cashier was moving in slow motion; really asleep on the switch." This made me reconsider getting so incredibly blazed before and at work.

9. Obviously I'm a huge stoner, but I'd fire anyone working for me that got high during working hours. There's a time and place for it. If someone wants to get baked all day they can do it on their own dime. No matter what anyone tries to say it DOES affect performance.

10. sometimes I do...but i'm a manager sooo gotta be straight most of the time

11. [Q]Obviously I'm a huge stoner, but I'd fire anyone working for me that got high during working hours. There's a time and place for it. If someone wants to get baked all day they can do it on their own dime. No matter what anyone tries to say it DOES affect performance. [/Q]

Agreed. If you're stoned enough that I can tell you're stoned, you're too stoned to be working for me, if that makes sense. I really don't care what you do on your own time. Likewise, it's not your business what I do on my own time, but when you're paying me, you get the sober, rested, top-form version. It's only fair.

12. Oh I've blazed plenty of good bud with many employees over the years, but when we're at work it's about work, not partying.

I would make an exception for LEGITIMATE medical users. Sadly from my experience most (no NOT all) 'medical' users don't really need it as medicine, at least not all day long.

13. Depends on the Job.

14. I hear ya.
    I don't feel guilty about going to work stoned, but I've been getting more or less paranoid that my coworkers know when I'm stoned, and I think they'd disapprove. And I'd like to keep my job.

As far as whether it's acceptable or irresponsible, I think it varies by job and person

15. When I was young I went to worked stoned all the time. Even got stoned AT work. However as I've gotten older, and now run my own "place", I stay forward (Forward, never straight, as a friend of mine used to say!) until I leave work. After that, it's every man for himself, LOL... :smoking:

16. I'm a hostess at a restaurant. It's my job to give people estimates regarding how long it will be before they're seated; it's not uncommon for that time to be as long as 1.5 hours. I dunno about you guys, but I

a) have no concept of time
    b) can't make small talk/formally converse with the general public
    c) lose most problem-solving abilities (i.e., where to sit large parties)

when I'm high. Going to work completely stoned would be IMPOSSIBLE, but I came in with a nice buzz once upon a time.

17. Yeah and thats a bit insulting. You are insinuating those who do smoke before, and during, work are immature. Not only is that inaccurate but choosing what is right for you in this case is purely personal and based on your own views and situation.

When I was a 'greener' smoker I might have agreed, but since I have become a daily user I couldn't disagree more with it being disrespectful to an employer or otherwise. I also only choose jobs where I will be respected as well. I am not inebriated, I preform all functions of my job just as well (if not better when it comes to human interaction) and am a model employee. I am the same guy. Actually I lied.... when i don't smoke I am nauseated all day. I have no energy and feel pretty miserable. Sometimes I just feel like crap, sometimes I'm puking at work and sometimes I just have to go home.

Obviously I use cannabis as a medicine as well as recreationally but either way is the same to me as long as you are meeting your responsibilities. This requires you to be honest with yourself which definitely is where some maturity will help. Your job, level of responsibility, ability to function normally and such are all a part of that decision.

Good for you that you actually stop and look at your life. Few do. If its not for you, awesome, you should definitely do whats best for you. Just be careful with associating what isn't best for you and labeling it in a way that could pass judgment on others choices. Its especially important in this arena because so many false opinions and stereotypes exist which keep us labeled as criminals, irresponsible, and otherwise fringe members of society (even though we know thats not true.) The stigma needs to leave and the way people opinions are changed best is through seeing people in their life that don't match up with what they are use to hearing. If the people of neutral or anti-cannabis opinions surrounding you hear you associate weed and work as 'immature' they are likely to base their future opinion off of that and apply it to others. And that opinion will likely be harder to break than one formed by propaganda.

Just something to think about as you approach this questions/decisions. :smoking:

18. nothing like being on a mower all day blitzed!! easy as hell , and good ass money. Ubuntu ftw!!

19. #99 the.tokrrr, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
    I'm a waiter at a retirement home. See the same residents every day. I can be high and be comfortable talking with them. Plus, I love hearing their stories about the early 90s when stoned, makes it that much more interesting!

At my old job though, there were a lot of people coming in and out. I didn't like blazing before that. I think there are certain situations where you can do it and certain when you can't.

20. Its all about self control. If youre a good worker stoned or not then smoking shouldnt be a problem. If anything I would encourage it. Smoking before makes work seem to go by much much faster, and almost makes it more enjoyable (Doing the same monotonous tasks seem interesting lol).