Going to work high

Discussion in 'General' started by flapjack1439, Jul 12, 2012.

1. How do you feel about people going.to work high? I think its an irrisponsible thing to do and i hate when I'm working and a co worker is stoned. If your at work, work. Smoke.on your own time they pay you to do a job you should do it with a 100% clear mind.

I know a lot of you do it all the time/smoke at work so tell me why im wrong.

2. If it doesn't affect my work why should anyone care?

3. #3 flapjack1439, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    Whats your job?

I kinda miswrote that. Some jobs i wouldnt mind job that you smoke. Jobs where you dont effect other people. Most only jobs where your by yourself

4. It almost always bugs the shit out of me. There are people who can handle their shit and still function normally while high, but those people are rare, and everyone thinks they are that person and almost no one is.

Watch this thread, you'll see what I mean.

5. Some jobs yeah I'm with you. I'd rather my surgeon not be high. 'Well what if he's better while high" I dont care, pick me a new Dr.

We got piece rate while roofing, and you'd better believe that we were constantly high though. Quality and speed both visibly improved. I've never had a job I didn't show up high for but have also never had a job that mattered on any scale greater then It puts money in my pocket.

6. Yeah exactly, it depends on the job.

Personally, I'm a student, and going to the lectures stoned really makes things more interesting, and kinda opens up some alternate thinking. Love it.

7. [quote name='"Jmosley"']

Some jobs yeah I'm with you. I'd rather my surgeon not be high. 'Well what if he's better while high" I dont care, pick me a new Dr.

We got piece rate while roofing, and you'd better believe that we were constantly high though. Quality and speed both visibly improved. I've never had a job I didn't show up high for but have also never had a job that mattered on any scale greater then It puts money in my pocket.[/quote]

Id guess if its accepted my most people you work eith your i wouldnt have a problem with it

8. It all depends on how you handle your high. I know one guy at work who works really well high. I personally dont get high at work 90% of the time but id be lying if I said ive never done it.

9. Depends on the job.

Fast food, restaurant, grocery store, retail- I couldn't give a fuck.

Any job dealing with machinery, driving, any kind of doctor etc- Fuck you. Don't risk killing people and wait until you get the fuck home to smoke.

10. Even fast food will drive me nuts. The people working in an actual kitchen oh yeah they are high and should be IMO but the kid at arby's who has the giggles and can't remember shit is too much.

I really couldn't care less about the health reason, employees are why I quit eating fast food. Everybody is Jake and his fruitcake buddy on 2 and a half men.

11. Going to work or school stoned always seemed like a waste of weed to me. I mean, Whenever I burn one, I like to chillax and not give a fuck, but you can't really do that when you have to concentrate doing whatever your job is. Having to pay attention to what you're doing and making sure people don't realize that you're high kinda kills the buzz for me. It might be different to other people, but for me it's nothing but a waste of weed.

12. [quote name='"Demiurge"']Depends on the job.

Fast food, restaurant, grocery store, retail- I couldn't give a fuck.

Any job dealing with machinery, driving, any kind of doctor etc- Fuck you. Don't risk killing people and wait until you get the fuck home to smoke.[/quote]

Grocery store and retail are 2 i dont agree with there. If your high and dont do something/fuck something up you make more work for your coworkers

13. i work overnight stocking shelves in a retail hell so weed is my only escape :p
    seriously though i think it depends on the job.

14. I direct films... I would rather be high than sober :smoke:

15. I believe that after you have smoked for quite a while and built up a tolerance you can do everything stoned that you could straight only be happier doing it. I've been a structural ironworker for a great many years, and most of the buildings get put up by stoner's.

16. I work at a call center and i'm on autopilot. I go to high everyday and smoke on break, time goes by Hella faster.

17. ya you shouldnt go to work stoned imo. i mean i guess if your part timing it or have a rally easy job then its alright.