Going to try growing in my closet, need some advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Szablowskic2, Sep 2, 2012.

1. #1 Szablowskic2, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    Let me start by saying I'm a complete rookie when it comes to this kind of thing. I haven't really smoked for the last few years either. Since I have gotten out of school I didn't have the time or the place to enjoy it as much as my college days. But now I have what seems like a good sized area to attempt a grow room and I'm looking for some advice to get started.

I'll start with the area I'm thinking about using. It's a large walk in closet attached to my bedroom.

The dmimensions- 5x11x10.

I'm located on the top floor of an apartment building. The one thing I think might be a problem is this closet shares a wall with a common storage and I'm concerned with the odor becoming an issue.

Now I'm only going to be growing for personal use and I'm wondering:
    how many plants would produce a nice amount of bud?
    How large should the box be to house the plants?
    Is venting to the outside nessesary or can I vent back into the apartment with filters?
    How big of an issue is odor going to be sharing the wall with an area Where people could be?

These are the first questions I'll throw out as I start to put this thing together on paper. Let me know if you need more information about the location.
    Thanks in advance for any help you send my way.

2. I pulled half a pound with 3 plants. You can vent to your room using filters, and you don't have to have a box really. Get a low odor strain and you should be good.