Going to the zoo sunday and getting high, which animals would you look at

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Sc0pe, Apr 11, 2014.

1. got some snapshots
    WP_20140427_009.jpg tortoise
    WP_20140427_021.jpg monkeys nutsack
    WP_20140427_033.jpg cassowary looks like a freak, sharp claws
    WP_20140427_042.jpg the description of this snakes diet is badass
    WP_20140427_047.jpg some emus
    View attachment WP_20140427_023.mp4 meerkats got up against the glass

didnt get to feed the giraffes cos i was an hour late :(
    but i managed to get pretty high and being close to the monkeys was great

2. couldnt get close to the otters because they were fixing the exhibit, got a vid of them fighting over fish but i cant upload it for some reason
    WP_20140427_068.jpg had the cutest toys of them tho
    ​ WP_20140428_002.jpg and i bought this lens which is gonna be awesome next time im stoned

3. Meerkats

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. If the zoo has it, those underwater tunnels would be a blast to go through while blazed. Been through one in Kuala Lumpur while sober and it was still an unforgettable experience. Also, I'd probably chill with the penguins and watch the lions be all prideful and do their thing. Don't think I would want to spend too much time around the gorillas though, for obvious reasons.

5. Hmm I remember my chemical-fueled zoo experience. The first animal actually present in its enclosure was the lion, who seemed to be tranquilized, a far cry from the king of the jungle. Every other animal had strategically placed itself in the only privacy its cage offered, sometimes managing to completely hide its shameful existence from the leering public. Either that or the dirty signs displayed outside these windows were lies, and they had invested only in ferns and a couple of boulders to make you believe a puma proudly resided within.

I didn't know if the gut-wrenching anxiety I felt was sadness for the animals, the acid, or feeling slightly ripped off by the zoos $25 entrance. I spent some time in the aviary lamenting, recalling my visits to zoos as I child when it felt magical in comparison. I only realized later how callous it was to be chain-smoking Camels the habitat of exotic birds. The zookeepers, who are possibly deserving of their own exhibit, were apparently not too concerned about them or my unwelcome presence, fortunately.

Entering the monkey zone was an assault on the senses. Lewd baboons howling, a depressed chimpanzee with a sad history of being in a "tea party" circus, and a lethargic and balding orangutan grimly sat in the muddy corner.. far away from its neglected jungle gym. When I reached the otters, I was filled with a sense of comfort, believing that not every animal in that place lived a tortured life, chasing each other and seemingly having a little fun. However the brief hope I felt evaporated as I watched them repeat the exact circuit of the habitat again, and again, which continued indefinitely.. a horrifying routine that was ingrained in their bones, like a twisted puppet show with possessed critters. I left the zoo feeling nothing short of despair for those exotic creatures.

6. Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY

7. the penguin habitat- Edge of the Icepack is what the zoo pretentiously calls it

8. Penguins are great. Their behavior is funny as hell, often enough they joke on each other. one of the few animals you can watch have fun with one another .

9. Zoos are cruel.

10. The butterflies

11. Was in Berlin last year...got high and went to the zoo. Thought it would be great...I'd never been to a big, proper zoo before….but to be honest seeing the animals in their enclosures just felt horribly wrong. 

This guy broke my fucking heart lol…I wanted to take him home with me :cry:
    20120724_170703.jpg 20120724_171139.jpg

12. That's creepy as fuck. I think it wanted to do more than give you a banana. Sounds like it's presenting a banana as a mating ritual.

[​IMG]

13. One thing I will recommend is the aquarium while high..it's fucking awesome

14. Orangutans and baboons if they had any.. oh and a white lion for sure

15. watch out for dinosauts. I never saw one but that doesn't mean shit. Dinosauts are dinosaur astronaues cause they got beamed up by the aliens - not an astroid strike. Shit man.

16. Watching the polar bears were cool they were jumping Around. They are massive up close. Gorillas and lions were awesome too.

17. my local zoo has a bat cave where its pitch black and you walk though and their all flyin past your head, pretty cool when stoned

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426528379.514041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. feed the giraffes, man...them shits got that crazy long purple tongue.