Going to the Red Sox game tonight! =]

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by jrock93, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Im going sober though cause Im going w/ my dad. But There gonna retire Jim Rice's number. Its gonna be sick. My 4th game of the year, 1 to go.

2. You luck son of a gun. Red Sox better get the bats going and get back on top of the yanks. I would be happy to see Buchholz go 6 innings strong.

3. I hope he does better than that......the Sox have offered him as trade bait for Halladay and a strong outing could seal the deal

4. if you really really want Halladay, better hope he doesn't pitch too well or the Sox will take Clay off the deal

5. No, dude, we're ready to get rid of him and for Halladay it's a no-brainer

Halladay greatly increases our chances to get to the World Series, Buchholz not as much

6. idk what the Red Sox farm system is like, but if I have a pitcher who is young, can win games now and for the next 10 years, I wouldn't trade him to someone in the division for a player who could leave in 2 years and will probably only be around for 5 more

but what do I know lol. Clay rocks you guys are lucky to have him, I remember what he did to my Orioles 2 years ago!

7. The O's fan is speakin truth. Buchholz is young and has a bright future ahead of him. I think trading him would be a terrible decision. Halladay is great but he's got about 10 years on Buchholz. He could help us this year but how many more years can Halladay pitch like a champ? Theo is a smart man and I am confident he willl make the right decision. Trading Buchholz would be as silly as trading Lester.

8. So I got back about 15min. ago, The pregame ceremony was amazing!!! they retired Jim Rice's number 14 and his whole family as well as a number of Red Sox greats lined up on the 1st base line, only the 7th Red Sox number retired in 109 yrs. So thats only 1 number retired per 15 1/2 yrs. so pretty historic shit going down right there. Buchholz had a decent outing, he allowed 9h but only 2r in 5.2IP so i cant complain. When they pulled Buchholz the score was 5-2, the 6th-8th innings were pretty much just the bullpen doing ok, but letting up runs. I left the game after the Bottom of the 8th because we were up 7-4 with Paplebon on so my Dad and I figured game over. So we left to beat some traffic. In the car we listened to the game on the radio, and Paplebon let up 3 runs in the top of the 9th and that TIED THE GAME 7-7, we were happy we left cause wed be pissed if we were still there, but we laughed it off. The A's scored 2 runs in the top of the 11th, then My BoSox had a shot to tie it up, having scored a run the score was 9-8 2out man on 3rd, Pedroia up, but he got out to end the game. I live an hr. outside of Boston, and I was home in time to watch the Bot of the 11th! Whadda Wierd game!

9. never leave a game early.

10. My dad had to go to work early in the morn. so he asked if I wanted to leave and I didnt mind.

11. I cant watch the redsox for awhile after last night..

nick green your friggen worthless. awesome 2 errors you inexperianced fuck! lugo woulda been better.
    we need a bat in the worst way too.
    COME ON ADRIAN GONZALAZ, YOU HAVE A HOME IN THE BEAN!

If only diasuke was pitching good.. I think we'd be in a little better spot right now.

god.. being a fan of the redsox is not good for my blood pressure

12. The OP left the game early??? What kind a Sox fan are you? It wasn't even a blowout.

13. i fucking hate the sox and their stupid ass fans who always come to Baltimore and ruin my trips to the yard. I actually like the Yanks more because they have some of my favorite players lolol