Going to the doctors high?

Discussion in 'General' started by Colin666, May 20, 2007.

1. Is it a bad idea to go to the doctors high? I dont think it should matter...

2. I went to my therpist high monday she didn't notice. I think it depends cuase he/she may think your side-effects from weed(low short term memory, slow reaction time)could be somthing more serious and either mis-diagnose you or start a really ockward conversation about your recreational drug-use. You'll probally be fine though. ;)

3. I went to get my sports physical high the other day and no one said anything. The only thing I forgot about was that they take blood pressure so I suspect that was a little bit higher than my norm. All in all I didn't regret the choice. :)

4. personally i never like going to the doc high but thats me i allways just get blazed affter

5. I did the other day, just for some x-ray result stuff and it wasn't a big deal. I wouldn't go in all red eyed and stinking of weed though.

Be easy

6. probably just depends on what the doctors appointment is for.
    If its just a check up on normal vitals, then youd probably be ok, (although as mentioned above, it might mess up your blood pressure).

But i wouldnt suggest doing that if your doctor is say, telling you the results of a drug test, And i dont think i would want to go to the dentist's office high, too much giggling/ cotton mouth with all those sharp objects in there is asking for trouble.

7. No

But my doctor knows I smoke cannabis on a regular basis.

It's very important that your doctor know this, because as much as we like to pretend cannabis is harmless; it CAN impact your health negatively.

Me and him are aware of the potential risks and keep an eye out for them.

He doesn't agree with my choice, but he isn't a prick about it. I would like to think I'm one of his more favored patience. He's a good guy, we share a similar taste in music; he likes Neil Young.

8. It doesnt matter that cant do anything.

9. Both my doctor and my therapist know I smoke. I don't make it a secret, either. Neither of them give me a hard time about it.

I have gone to doctor appointments high, though. How else are you going to deal with all those people in the waiting room? :p

10. If there was somebody else with that kind of sense, I am not at all surprised that it is you, Hempress. :)

11. :) I try to change people's ideas about stoner stereotypes. If they seem me coming in there, speaking politely and coherently, it might get them thinking.

12. You're me hero :hello: