Going to the dentist...

Discussion in 'General' started by Macnub, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Tomorrow I am finally losing my wisdom teeth! Turns out they never grew in because they didn't grow out, they grew sideways. They are going to cut them out and whatever.

My question is: How long do you think I should wait until I should smoke again? I dunno if the smoke would irritate the cuts and what not. They should be covered up for the most part, but I would like to make sure.

2. When the Dr says don't smoke, you'd better listen. You're going to have massive holes in your mouth, which won't clot easily. Suck on a hit and you'll suck any clots out, possibly leading to a dry socket. I think you'll find the pain of not smoking a few days a bit more acceptable than the pain of a dry socket.

3. lol even if you wanted to smoke the next day, you wont be able to. your lips will be numb and swollen and it'll hurt if you move your mouth at all. good thing is , you recover fast. after 7 days you'll be 90% to 100% fully recovered.:smoke:

personally i wouldn't risk smoking half way b/c 1. you'll get kottonmouth and that'll just suck with your swollen mouth and 2. might do something stupid and tear the stitches out in your gums.

oh yeah and the fuckin' morphine they give you. mannnnn it fucked me uppppp woohoo powerful stuff....for like 20 seconds, then i passed out. lol.

4. Haha nice. I'll be sure to fight that stuff as long as I can :D

5. It'll be over a week before you are safe to. You don't want dry sockets.. trust me.

6. well i always come in these threads with 100% oppsite view. i smoked probly an hour after i got home after getting mine out. smoked a nice joint. i smoked a blunt and shit later that night too, was good shit.

7. If you're smart, unlike the above post, you'll listen to the other advice. You want your surgery to heal well, don't risk ruining your blood clot, wait a week and a half, or even a week at least.

8. I had my wisdom teeth removed and the 2 bottoms ones dry socketed. It wasn't as bad as everyone says though, just cant breathe in or consume anything that is hot or cold, taking in a deep breath in the cold morning air=agony.

If you get a dry socket I definately wouldn't smoke, but i think it might be possible to do so otherwise if your gentle and careful about it. Maybe try to funnel the smoke with your tongue away from where your wisdom teeth were if you can

9. They probably prescribe u Vicodin, Luuuuuuuucky! :D

10. #10 zpyro, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010

Uh huh. So I ran across a busy freeway and didn't get run over. I guess that means running across a busy freeway is safe to do, right?

its also possible to drive around plastered and not crash, but it sure as shit isn't a good idea just because there's a possibility you won't get hurt...

11. They did. Fuck, still in a lot of pain though. Fuck.

12. You should get a vaporizer

13. I figure a week afterwards is a good enough day to smoke if any! I'm going to take my remaining vicodein and then smoke a bowl. Yeehaw bro.

Useless bump, sorry im excitted for a nice bowl ;).