Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to the dentist high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GR1BB5, Jul 31, 2010.

1. My friend says she can't go to the dentist if she's not high because she wonders "what the fuck their hands are doing in her mouth"

2. Tried it once. It was less stressful but I laughed everytime they used the sucking mechanism. Wouldn't do it again. Waste of good bud IMO.

3. i hot boxed my friends truck with 3 blunts on 4/20 at 4:20 pm. at 4:45 i had a root canal. all i can say is prepare for the worst cottonmouth ever, the suction thing makes it ten times worse, and use eyedrops and brush your teeth. other than that, the dentist chair was super-comfy while baked

4. I went stoned after a few j's between me and my bro. Just smoke a cig or two after and some gum to cover up the scent and wash your hands if smoking something like a j. It's not that bad and the seat is comfortable. It was just a yearly cleaning that usually takes around 1hr. Only felt lilt 10 mins. and hope you have someone friendly because it sucks to sit there high and silent so hard b

5. I dont recommend it. your eyes would be a dead give away, even when you use eyedrops. there is going to be that extendable light above ya that is going to be more or less near your eyes which should contract your pupils. But being high, they are going to be big till time passes on. not sure about your dentist, but the one i went to talked a shitload which i seen as completley pointless cause i couldnt reply with my mouth wide open. seriously, you would think that after 45 years or so in a practice, they would finally wake up and smell the coffee and realize that his patients cant really talk back with a open mouth. but anyway his face is kinda close to your face and he will be looking you in the eye and notice that your pupils are big. if he knows what that is a symptom of, he will know. probually wont do anything about, or probually will, but he will know.

6. been to the dentist high pretty much every time ive been there ,and my dentist wants it so she dont say shit :p

7. I always go high, makes it fun :cool:

8. I didn't end up getting high... but i will next time... alot of pain was involved... but I'm going to yet another new doctor because my insurance changed

thanks for all the opinions guys:wave:

I like the optimism:D

9. If you aren't normally paranoid, or don't care much about other peoples thoughts, then it shouldn't matter. My friend recently went to the dentist high and didn't really say much of it so I can't say it went horribly wrong lol, I say go for it :smoke:

10. I would, Im pretty much always high though so it doesn't make it any different.

11. why...why do you have to go high. just get in, let the man do his job, get out. it takes only 20 minutes.

if you can't wait 20 minutes, then...better see someone for that.

12. It depends what sore of "high" you are going to be induced by. If you are smoking marijuana before a dentist visit than i don't recommend doing that. Ever heard of cotton mouth??? I'm sure you all have and it's no fun to have when you are getting your teeth worked on and they are sucking all the moisture out of your mouth to begin with.. Having cotton mouth plus having them suck out the moisture from your mouth just makes it OVERKILL... it sucks when your mouth is that dry and is really uncomfortable.

Now if you are taking some painkillers like oxycontin before going to the dentist, now that is sweet.. I just snort a big fat 80mg oxycontin pill and im good to go. I have a really high tolerance so if you were going to do this for a first time(which i really recommend not doing it), take about 10mg at first, then another 10mg if you arent high enough.. dont take anymore than 30mg for your first try its extremely dangerous. can be fatal... have fun at the dentists folks!

13. Is a bad idea...
    Dentist.Toothpaste.Tastes.Like.Shit.

14. Going high just makes it more enjoyable. Well, not enjoyable per-say I just care even less about having to go there and the shit they have to do to clean my teeth. Plus, you're high.. what could be wrong about that. Even if you do smell like weed I highly doubt they give 2 flying shits.

Though I wouldn't go zonked outta your mind but you prob. know where your tolerance is at and the potency level (roughly) of your current stash So... DO IT.

15. or vicadin, oh how Vic used to do so many pleasures for me. or if you can get your hands on morphine..ba boom! your good

16. My friend had major leg surgery the past week and he was on a morphine drip for a couple days, says he got to click every 7 minutes...he said his head felt good, haha :hello:

17. Why would you go to the dentist high...Why can't you wait until after.

18. It might help, but in contrast it might make the experience 10 times worse. Marijuana can cause freak outs if you are high in an uncomfortable environment. If you have experience toking in uncomfortable environments, and you know you won't freak out, go for it. But if not, I wouldn't.

Personally, I'd explain to the dentist that you're highly phobic, and try to get him/her to prescribe you some Valium, or another mild sedative before you go in for the drilling. If that's not possible, most dentists (except Western Dental unfortunately) can give you general anesthesia if they have notice. Laughing gas is another option; it makes you rather happy.

19. Idk if that would be a bad thing though. In my experience, I always feel like I'm drowning when they drill my teeth. For my cotton mouth would be a blessing lol.

20. Unless of course Opiates make you extremely ill, in which case bad plan! Lol. Nothing worse than puking while they're drilling your teeth.