Going to take a Break from Smoking :( Need tips

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PositiveHerbs, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Recently I  got a misdemeanor for herb :smoke: , and I have to make a random drop. Im going to stop smoking soon, but it's such a problem because my entire life seems to evolve around smoking :/. The music I listen to, my friends, the people I follow on twitter, a lot of things. I've just decided to stop cold turkey and not taking any chances. It would help if the GC community gave me some tips on how to keep going strong. Also, any products that can help me detox and ways to detox. Thank guys :lol:

2. #2 Marscadet, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
    check your local headshop for detoxs.as for tips, keep yourself busy, find different hobbies that will get you through each day without the thought of sweet mary jane. tell your friends you can't smoke for a while and really need support.

3. #4 J2THERAGE, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
    make vlogs about your sobriety. If your legit then you will gain a following...if you generate an audience then you should do what Steve-O does, but you should find something unique in what you do (just like any business/product/philosophy)

4. It's completely psychological man. The first few days will most likely be rough just because you have to adjust to not smoking. But keep yourself occupied, that always has helped me. If you don't already work out or run, maybe try picking it up for a little.... Idk something like that... Just keep in mind you aren't going to die and it's not a big deal that you can't smoke pot. Good luck and I hope this will benefit you in someway homie! Tokinnnnn

5. As for products provided by headshops. They don't work. Trust me from personal experience. You are better off not smoking pot and working out/ running to burn fat cells off ( where thc is stored). Save yourself the money bro! Look up on youtube any product sold in the store. There most likely will be a video of someone going through the detox and verifying it's a legitimate formula that doesn't work haha.... 90% it's bullshit.Good luck! Tokinn

6. I recommend getting hobbies.

IE: stop following people on twitter, get friends who do things other than smoke, learn things about other things.

7. If you haven't already, you can always pick up working out. I'm guessing you're eating more since you quit, so I recommend working out to avoid getting fat unnecessarily :)

8. I always eat less when I can't smoke. In fact smoking weed is the only reason I'm sporting a strong athletic build. Cannabis gave me the hunger for food which gave me the nutrients for muscle.

9. Don't put yourself in situations that temp you to smoke.

10. In the words of Nancy Reagan, "Just say no"!!!!!

11. Thanks guys, any alternate drugs? 😂👀

12. Stay off of stoner message boards. It might tempt you.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Best drug is sport. Start playing something. Smoking weed is not an addiction until you keep it as an habit ;)

14. IMPORTANT QUESTION HELP PLEASE. I got caught with weed on Dec 3, 2013 and got a misdemeanor for possesion and my court date is Jan 6, 2014. Since I have a clean record, try have me a diversion plan. All I have to do is complete "teen drug court". A program run by the police and the school. I know they drug test at teen drug court, but I don't think I'll have to go that soon but I will find out when it starts at my court date. But my parents try to tell me that I will be drug tested at court. I've looked online and people have said that you won't get tested in court and I was told that I didn't even have to go in front of the judge or anything, just sign the diversion agreement. I smoked yesterday (about a g) should I be worried?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity ForumSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Go on hikes.. When I do I to attaboy forget

Sent from my right nipple~Grasscity Forum

16. When I do I forget*

Sent from my right nipple~Grasscity Forum

17. I've been on a break for a little over a month now and it's really easy at this point. I picked up working out when I quit and that's a good diversion. I also haven't seen my friends as much (all they do is smoke). But I sorta replaced them with girls I never had the balls to hit on when I could go and smoke a jay instead. I'd recommend working out and girls...to everyone haha.

18. Dont let yourself become so dependant for weed

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. havent smoked in over 3 months now. Got another 3 months before probation is over. But I focus on school and working out. I smoke ciggs too but they dont taste as good when your not blazed. Im 22 so I just get really hammered and passout. But nothings the same without the herb. I think about that shit everyday. Cant wait till the summer is over.