Going to start first grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by strey101, Feb 25, 2009.

1. #1 strey101, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    What is the best average temperature? right now the lows are around 40 or so at night. Wanting to start around march.

2. I wouldn't stick them in the ground until your temps are at least in the high 60's at night.

3. Ok it will most likely be around that temp when we get the everything setup. Thanks for the help.

4. obviously start after the last frost is for sure done and then just watch the other plants in the area. when they start growing so can you. thats what i always do.

5. Ok the last frost should be about the second week of march. When do you think the crop will be good to harvest? probably around the end of july or something?

6. I'd wait till the end of March/early May to put them in the ground you can start germinating them indoors if you are going to around the middle of March that way they'll at least get a good start.

As for the time they will be good to harvest, that really depends on the strain, but I'd say July is wayyy early, most strains you're looking somewhere between mid September to late October, outdoors you have to remember that they are going to go through a more natural cycle than indoors, indoors the environment is controlled, outdoors you will see plants beginning to flower after the Summer Solstice (June 20) and most strains will take anywhere from 65 days - 10 weeks to finish after that. So make sure when you pick your strains that you know when your typical first Fall Frost is also, this will help you pick a strain that will finish before then and avoid losing or damaging your crop due to frost. Almost all seed sites have information about strains and their typical flowering times, you have to take into consideration your climate as well though and where they are growing. If you're growing bagseed and don't know the strain you will just have to keep an eye on the trichomes when they start showing during flower as to when to harvest.

7. Well it generally doesnt start to frost or even get cold here till around Late October Early November. And the temperatures will most likely be in the 80s-90s Late April Early March but not possitive. As yesterdays Temp was in the high 70's. I am thinking of the following strains White Widow, Super Lemon Haze, and Northern Lights. Due to hearing that they were easy strains to grow and high potency.

8. Well la-ti-da for you and your great climate, no I'm j/k, you should be good with a ton of strains, what I'd do if you're starting out is to try and grab some bagseed in the mean time and practice germinating on those seeds so you get a feel for it, being my first grow also I did this and it made me feel a lot more comfortable since I'm ordering some good strains as you plan on and I'll have a few plants going inside before the season starts.

9. Ok I will keep that in mind. Im planning on buying pure fem seeds as well for the strains.