Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to smoke weed for the first time ever

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HAC, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Hi everyone

I'm a newbie on here, so I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 28 and in a few weeks I'll be going to Amsterdam where I'll be smoking weed for the first time. For years I was very anti-drugs of any kind basically because I was taken in by all the nightmarish, horrifying things we were taught about them at school etc, hence one of the reasons why I never really fitted in with many of my own peers at school and was a bit of an isolated loner. However, I've come to the conclusion that cannabis is a beneficial and completely harmless thing and that I would probably benefit from it and that really all along I've just been a great big prig, so at the start of next month I'll be returning to Amsterdam for 2 days (I was there last summer but chickened out of trying so much as a space cake) where I'll be smoking for the first time, it's the safest place to do it without running the risk of being arrested. I'm very excited at the prospect and was wondering if people can tell me what to expect as a first timer.

Thanks

2. #2 jmick, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    Take it slow and be careful of eating too much or smoking a lot in a short time....could make your first time very unpleasant....

Have fun....... :bongin:

3. Its extremely esay to overdose your first time be careful, id hate to see a new guy die trying the herb

4. I didn't think it was possible to overdose or die on weed, at least that's what I've read

5. you won't die. They are scaring you. My first time I couldn't stop laughing and I thought everything was in slow motion.

overdose? have you ever smoked pot before?

7. #7 HAC, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    I think I worked out that they were bullshitting there, like I said in the opening post, I've moved on from listening to all the terrifying sounding garbage taught at schools and peddled out as propaganda by governments etc, millions of people, including a few that I know have done it and it's not killed them, so there's absolutely no reason at all why it should kill me. Like I said, I can't wait to join the club :)

8. honestly man it has changed my life for the better. I still get tons of things done. Shit I smoke while doing them haha. At first you will be insanely high. The more you smoke though the tolerance goes up. Can function perfectly and what not. I would recommend eating or smoking in a safe environment with a good buddy of yours.

9. I'll be doing it on my own in a Dutch coffeeshop, where I'm not in danger of being arrested

10. I smoke everyday on my roof not a fear in the world. Weed has made me so much more relaxed like even when I'm not high. I've been smoking for about a year and I honestly cant remember the last time I've been mad like not even slightly frustrated. Just chill man.

11. don't do that.

12. Well first off, stay away from edibles since it's your first time. You will get too high, become uncomfortable, and possibly freak out/throw up. Just have common sense, limit yourself to small amounts of herb. Avoiding hash will probably be a good idea too. Most coffeeshop bud is pretty potent, so buy a cheap pipe in a headshop while there and smoke a couple hits from it. If you don't feel anything within 5 minutes, take another hit or two. Pace yourself and enjoy  :smoking:

13. yeah what that dude said ^ important stuff ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418020786.030176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Serious, so many accounts of ODing in foreign countries with new smokers.

15. glad you woke up and realized what weed really is :D

don't use more than .5 your first time or you could get a bad high

16. #16 BloodBooger, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    Going to Amsterdam to smoke weed for the first time is like going to the Jules Verne Restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris for your first restaurant experience....two words of caution , MOST people dont even get high their first time smoking and second, When you DO get high, remember you are toking up High Test, Premium dope and it is EASY to overdo, especially when everyone around you is getting blasted out of their minds on cheap hash and heavy duty weed...the weed in the Dam actually isnt any better than the stash we have in the US, but it isnt bagweed  and the freedom to toke up can get you carried away. Have fun and be safe...these will be times to remember...if you can! Oh, and try not to freak the fuck out...remember, its very temporary, will NOT kill you, make you insane OR harm you in anyway unless you rip off your clothes run out of the shop and drown in the Canal....

17. Dude, on your own? Can you imagine the your first time going and getting drunk, what would happen if you did it on your own? You'll end up smoking way too much, green out, and sit in a puddle of your own dribble while wondering where the fuck you are. At least go with a seasoned smoker who will either tell you to stop, or take care of you. And know what you're smoking, RE Indica vs Sativa, or you'll be extremely surprised when you get some heavy sativa and start thinking you're Einstein or some stupid shit.

18. The Jules Verne isn't even that amazing (At least my opinion). There are lots of amazing restaurants in Italy that are on par with the Jules. As for the quality of weed in Dam, all I know is from documentaries (I've never been, it's on my to do list" but from documentaries, it's grown in a more controlled environment than many places in the UK and US, so the quality is a better standard as it's a legal substance that has quality laws.  

19. I've never had a bad high from ganja didn't even know that was a thing that could happen tbh. OP if you smoke a bowl you'll be fine if you aren't feeling it in an hour smoke another. Usually I only do one bowl by myself when I'm alone, but since its your first time you might not get high from one bowl. First times are different for everyone some people get incredibly high and some feel nothing.

20. Well, sadly I don't have anyone here who would be willing to do it with me, and anyway, how would I acquire weed here in the UK? By handing over a lot of money to some psychopathic dealer and then when someone I know catches the smell on me, risk being grassed up, arrested and my reputation fucked up forever? No, at least in Amsterdam, I can do it in a comfortable environment without fear of any reprocussions, obviously I'll buy the minimum amount at first and take it very slowly, don't do it all at once, then I should be fine.