Going to see Burning Spear tonight!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Buzz, Sep 30, 2005.

1. :hello: :hello:
    No deep thoughts, its just that I'm phyched to FINALLY see one of my all time favorite reggae bands! :D :D

A bunch of my friends are also fans, looking forward to blazin' and burnin'...lol

:smoke:

2. THought this said britney spears and thought... haha fag, but it didnt, so i stopped thinking that

3. i hear ya man. i get pumped at least a month in advance. but the night of the show....ah how so special.

heres what im looking forward to....

four tet - next friday!!!
    clap your hands and say yeah - ive heard good things....
    architecture in helskinki - never seen 'em either...
    keller williams - 1st time for my man keller....
    broken social scene - good canadian indie
    super furry animals - most highly anticipated....
    lcd soundsystem - this is a maybe..

but have some fun tonigth man. blaze one up in front of the band....

4. LMAO...some of the chicks in our office overheard us talking about the concert tonight & they were wondering why all these grown dudes were so psyched about seeing Brittney! hahaha...'till they figured it out... :D

5. Thanks, I'd blaze one up in front of the stage, but they're playing in VA...no smoking to provide a green screen & gotta be careful...cops are bust-happy :cool:

6. o god. first second i thoguht britney spears...i was in shock then i reread...glad i did too.

7. lol...Its no fuss...just gotta be careful in the parking lot...
    don't worry, we'll be blazed to tha sky tonite...
    :smoke:

8. then its settled...:smoke:

im jelous...mind if i tag along?

9. Come on down Brutha....we got room for you an a fatty to share! :smoke:

10. got back a while ago...GREAT CONCERT...if you love roots reggea, Burning Spear is where its at today...the rightful heirs to Bob Marley & Peter Tosh...at least they're the top of the torch bearers from that generation.

Rastifari - One Love

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

11. Haha, that makes 2 of us :D

edit: Hey did they by chance play "The Inside"? That song fucking RULES. And it was the theme song for that old classic surf video, "The Inside".

12. Burning Spear is GREAT, a lot like Black Uhuru, another of my favorite reggae groups. Glad you liked the show

13. I don't think so...they played a lot of stuff from their new album...sounded great, I gotta get it and they ended up capping the night with Marcus Garvey & Slavery Days..

I snagged an wicked cool black "Marcus Garvey Youth Club" t-shirt...& am wearing it w/pride...lol

:D