Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to rehab. Any experiences?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BigBud42O, Jan 22, 2012.

1. I leave tuesday. Im not really addicted to anything. I only smoke. I was court ordered to go because of legal problems when I got caught with weed. I think rehab for possession is a little much. But anyways anybody have any idea how its like?

2. 4 weeks? First time? Just go along with the program and tell them what they want to hear.

After 6 different rehabs in 5 years, I've settled on a routine of being difficult at first and after 2 weeks I "come around" to their way of thinking. I make them feel like they've accomplished something with me and that I'm making progress. The reality is that I put down unmentionables on my own when the fuck I was ready to, not when they told me to.

Also, don't tell people shit, most of them are degenerate snitches who will do anything to stay out of jail.

3. im sorry to hear that dude:/ I have never got in trouble for marijuana...yet. A good friend of mine got put in rehab for possession also and they treat him like hes worthless and stupid just because he smoked marijuana. He recently started smoking that spice shit, because it gives you a similar effect of being high and it doesnt show up in your system. DO NOT get hooked on spice its horrible shit. Good luck and do you what you got to do to get the hell out of there asap.

4. [quote name='"Not Sure"']4 weeks? First time? Just go along with the program and tell them what they want to hear.

After 6 different rehabs in 5 years, I've settled on a routine of being difficult at first and after 2 weeks I "come around" to their way of thinking. I make them feel like they've accomplished something with me and that I'm making progress. The reality is that I put down unmentionables on my own when the fuck I was ready to, not when they told me to.

Also, don't tell people shit, most of them are degenerate snitches who will do anything to stay out of jail.[/quote]

Seeing as you experienced it already, can you tell me whats it like as far as daily life goes?

5. Expect a stricter routine than you're used to. Rules will be all over the place and it's best to try to follow them. Some people will try to be intimidating. Fuck them, they won't do shit. It's not the place to argue that weed should be legalized. Try not to offer too much info, try to speak when spoken to (regarding rehab staff). Remember your goal is to get the fuck out of there, so don't do anything stupid. And maybe tell people you were hooked on coke, because no one goes to rehab for weed. You will get booed.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQM6sOsd5k]Half Baked: I Used to Suck dick for coke! - YouTube[/ame]

7. for the most part, you can expect to be sitting in a circle with a bunch of other people sharing stories, and a counselor steering the discussion and asking questions. You might also have a job like cooking or cleaning.

Horror stories about screaming and whatnot are mostly encountered in "Therapeutic Communities" - 12-24 month rehab for serious fuck-ups who are facing prison time if they fail.

You will probably have a roommate, at least one (I've had up to 3 in one room). They usually have some interesting stories to tell. I met a guy from Cuba who told me about crossing the ocean on a raft to come here and having to fight off other rafters who wanted to steal their food and let them drown.

The food was always good, one that I went to was in a hospital and they had decent food, another one that I went to was owned and run by a rich guy who made sure that we ate good. Most of them allow you to smoke cigs.

It's not necessarily a bad experience when I look back on it, but I've been in much worse situations. I guess everybody's experience is different. Just make the best of it and you'll be fine.

Good luck man!!! I hope you get released early and never get caught again.

8. Recently I watched puff puff pass and from what I learned, smoking in the office of the manager of the rehab facility will get you kicks out! So light up!

9. [quote name='"Not Sure"']

for the most part, you can expect to be sitting in a circle with a bunch of other people sharing stories, and a counselor steering the discussion and asking questions. You might also have a job like cooking or cleaning.

Horror stories about screaming and whatnot are mostly encountered in "Therapeutic Communities" - 12-24 month rehab for serious fuck-ups who are facing prison time if they fail.

You will probably have a roommate, at least one (I've had up to 3 in one room). They usually have some interesting stories to tell. I met a guy from Cuba who told me about crossing the ocean on a raft to come here and having to fight off other rafters who wanted to steal their food and let them drown.

The food was always good, one that I went to was in a hospital and they had decent food, another one that I went to was owned and run by a rich guy who made sure that we ate good. Most of them allow you to smoke cigs.

It's not necessarily a bad experience when I look back on it, but I've been in much worse situations. I guess everybody's experience is different. Just make the best of it and you'll be fine.

Good luck man!!! I hope you get released early and never get caught again.[/quote]

Thanks for the insight man. Really did help alot. I'm just going to have to tough it out. One last question, after getting out did you have to continue meetings and shit or was it just an option but not mandatory?

10. They will probably put you on Seroquel

11. So fuckin stupid.. rehab for weed.. what a joke.

Just do what you gotta do and get out.

12. lie out your ass

13. [quote name='"GreenCrackYUM"']So fuckin stupid.. rehab for weed.. what a joke.

Just do what you gotta do and get out.[/quote]

Exactly what I said!

14. [quote name='"Slilent"']lie out your ass[/quote]

About what exactly? Like how often I smoke and whatnot?

15. Honestly i think rehab more then it helped me in every way.. When i got out, i felt pretty cold hearted because after being treated as a cracked out criminal for so long.. You begin to feel like one

16. My experience in rehab was decent actually. After the first week you kinda get used to the routine. You know, wake up, breakfast, nap, usually a meeting, lunch, another meeting, dinner and free time. I cant say EVERY rehab is like that, just the 3 that I have been to usually have that general schedule. Also, expect to have strict rules placed upon you. Just act a little tough at first like "I shouldnt even be here, I dont have any problems." Gradually start "warming up" to the therapist people and you're pretty much straight. Also, tell people you're in for coke or something, alot of people will try you if you say you're in for weed.
    Act like you've really learned stuff and plan on keeping straight when you get out (Who knows, you might actually learn some stuff about yourself, I did.)

17. [quote name='"StonedStoner"']My experience in rehab was decent actually. After the first week you kinda get used to the routine. You know, wake up, breakfast, nap, usually a meeting, lunch, another meeting, dinner and free time. I cant say EVERY rehab is like that, just the 3 that I have been to usually have that general schedule. Also, expect to have strict rules placed upon you. Just act a little tough at first like "I shouldnt even be here, I dont have any problems." Gradually start "warming up" to the therapist people and you're pretty much straight. Also, tell people you're in for coke or something, alot of people will try you if you say you're in for weed.
    Act like you've really learned stuff and plan on keeping straight when you get out (Who knows, you might actually learn some stuff about yourself, I did.)[/quote]

What do you mean people will try me? Im not really scared of having problems with somebody in there as I can handle my own. But if I were to say the coke thing and the therapist found out could cause any problems seeing as the court and rehab have no records of any use besides marijuana. I just dont want to have to stay there any longer than needed because they think im addicted to cocaine.

18. No, the rehab wont share that stuff. Believe it or not, most people there want to help you and wont share anything except for the usual "He's doing good, he wants to kill people blah blah blah." I went in for selling pot, and I told them all about my other numerous drug usages (cant say which on this site XD) and my probation officer was none the wiser. What I meant by "try you" is that people will look down on you for being in for weed, and in some cases fuck with you. Alls you gotts do is stand up to them and they usually wont do shit.

19. [quote name='"StonedStoner"']No, the rehab wont share that stuff. Believe it or not, most people there want to help you and wont share anything except for the usual "He's doing good, he wants to kill people blah blah blah." I went in for selling pot, and I told them all about my other numerous drug usages (cant say which on this site XD) and my probation officer was none the wiser. What I meant by "try you" is that people will look down on you for being in for weed, and in some cases fuck with you. Alls you gotts do is stand up to them and they usually wont do shit.[/quote]

Ohh ok. I suppose I could throw the occasional line into my drug history. Haha. But in all seriousness thank you for the advice. Two more question. Sorry if I am asking to many. But before you went and when you arrived, how did you feel? I didnt even leave yet and I feel almost depressed like i've hit rock bottom even though I know I haven't. And my other question I asked the other guy but didnt get an answer and I would like one before I leave. But did you hacw to continue other types of treatment afterwards?

20. It's drills and uniforms when I went I could tell that thr people around me literally has problems like born and died in the womb problems. Best advice stick to yourself and keep you head down no need to make enemy's of friends and how long are you staying?