going to japan on saturday

Discussion in 'General' started by melli, Jul 3, 2009.

1. this is to people who have been to japan before i was wondering if most stores use credit cards or should i bring most my money in yen
    also is ther any tips or cool things to buy

2. Don't even think about trying to score some bud.

That aside, Japan is a fucking cool place. I guess most stores do have credit card outlets but you may as well bring cash. Oh and there are vending machines for every conceivable thing :D

3. Use a pantie vending machine. I dare you.

4. Aww....Make sure to take a picture of the worlds biggest crosswalk! I've always wanted to see it...And definitely buy vending machine panties.

5. [​IMG]

not just any panties.....

used
    panties

6. I hear weed is really looked down upon in Japan, it's a shame because I think Japan is one of the coolest places in the world.

7. ^ Asians are opium freaks.

At least my side of the Chinese family is...

8. yea im planning to stay away from the bud ther

9. Exactly.

10. Yes, Japan is a member of the 21st century and most places will accept credit cards just like in the US.

11. Act rich. Japanese women love white guys. We have larger dicks :D

12. Omg, enjoy your sushi, im jealous. Eat octopus, it is the best.

13. Yeah it sucks, I love Japan and it's just depressing
    aren't they into E? or is it something else im thinking of

14. they not only have pantie vending machines but used pantie vending machines

15. i lived in japan for 3+ years - you're gonna have a blast. simply walking to the 7/11 is mind altering experience :)

it's as close as anyone will ever come to going to another planet without actually leaving earth - if that makes any sense ;)

enjoy and post a full trip report when you get back!

16. i remember my korean buddies, like i asked them if they got weed their, they said its rare, like, the drugs they use there and japan n shit, are mostly like, IV drugs, like heroin or meth.

17. im going with a group and we are gonna go all arounf japan and do all that fun stuff
    any useful words and especially cool things to buy

18. Im a google earth nerd so i have scoped put alot of dope places in japan, ive just never been there. You should definitely go to the Tokyo Disneyland, it also has an attached park which i think is named DisneySea.

What parts of Japan are you visiting? I hope you are going to visit the northernmost major island, it is named Hokkaido and to me it would be the place i would most want to visit. Hokkaido is really beautiful and heavily wooded, there ia actually a highway that goes above a forest, so as opposed to building through the forest they instead built a raised highway.. Pretty cool to me

Also Hokkaido has tons of really really nice lakes and the scenery is just way too dope, they also have those Japanese Snow Monkeys on hokkaido!!!!

19. try all the food - no matter how crazy it looks or sounds. everything they eat is crazy and delicious - sushi doesnt even scratch the surface of japanese cuisine. its cool to check out mcdonalds once, but spend your time and money checking out the local restaurants and food stands.

if you're tall - watch your head. seriously.

take a ton of pictures - even parking garages are mind boggling. you'll see what i mean :)

talk to all the girls - they love americans and arent afraid to let you know it :hello:
    make sure when you get on a train you know what you're doing and where you're going. it's easy to get confused and wind up somewhere you dont want to be.

dont be afraid to ask for help/directions, a lot of japanese speak english and are looking for any excuse to practice with a real english-speaking person.

GO TO A BASEBALL GAME. let me say that again: GO TO A BASEBALL GAME. if you leave japan without attending a baseball game? you failed at japan. period.

visit the castles - they're pretty cool. visit all the shogun era tourists attractions, it's all pretty cool stuff.

i could go on for hours... but i dont know your itinerary or where you're going so those are just the first few things that come to mind. ill probably think of 100 more things so ill bump your thread as i think of them :)

20. let me be the first to say

fuck japan

bring on the neg rep