Going to Europe. What to do??

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by daveslaine, May 1, 2012.

1. #1 daveslaine, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    Yo guys what the fuck do I do in Europe with da homies?

Im taking a flight to Vienna, but am thinking about driving to Amsterdam, and coming back to LAX from there.

What can be done in Europe?

2. Go to Amsterdam for sure. Tour around, go to different museums and natural sites.
    I envy you.

3. There's so many things to do in many states of the Europe Union, check out Amsterdam and other parts of the Netherlands but also other countries and tour their populated cities, check out what their culture has to offer.

4. We went last August to Ireland, Italy, France, and the UK. The metro (subway, underground) is very user friendly and will get you to most places quickly. You can buy tickets for just about any attraction on line in advance. If you have tickets, you can usually enter in a separate line for express access and not wait as long as those who did not prepurchase. Here were my favorite things from our trip:

Swimming in the Mediterranean Sea on a warm morning in a beach town near Rome
    Eating authentic Italian pizza. You'll be spoiled. It's the best.
    Tour the Vatican. It's amazing, and it's free. Everything is made from marble.
    Climb to the top of the Tower of Pisa. Buy your tickets on line in advance.
    We walked all over Paris by the Seine River. Notre Dame was spectacular.
    Go to the very top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Buy tickets on line in advance. The lines really suck bad if you don't.
    The Arc de Triomphe is very cool and the nearby restaurant Vesuvio was off the hook. Their pizza was as good as any that we had in Italy, and I drank a bottle of Montpulciano with dinner. Fun times!
    We took the high speed train from Paris to London. It went through the tunnel under the English Channel. It travels at speeds well over 100 mph.
    Ride the London Eye on the River Thames. It's the Embarkment stop off the underground metro. It's a little pricey, but totally worth it. The view of London was incredible. The ride lasts 1/2 hour. Buy your tickets on line in advance. There were horrible lines, but we didn't have to wait because we had prepurchased exress tickets.
    Dublin was fun. The Irish people are some of the nicest people that we ever met. We took a double decker bus to downtown and spent an entire day walking all over the city. We liked the food better in Italy and France.
    The quaint coastal towns of Ireland were great. Many people into sailing there.
    On the west side of Ireland is a place called the Cliffs of Moehr. Totally worth the effort to go see it.
    The next day we went to the Blarney Castle and to the city of Cork is southern Ireland. Cork is a neat city, and I'd like to check it out in more detail.

Europe was a blast. We did a lot in 12 days. We got a prescription for valium to help us with the jet lag. Good idea! Next time, Amsterdam will be a must.

5. How long are you there for?

Youve got lots of options...

6. Berlin is also a class city. If I was you Id spend most of my time in amsterdam and then get a train to berlin or any other city

7. Party like its 1999. Go to Barcelona and go to a few techno clubs.

8. Hookers! Europe is all about the hookers. They can give you great insight to some of the best underground clubs/attractions in the area. Amsterdam is a must, but from there the train system is awsome. Get a weekend pass and try Spain’s medieval capital in Toledo, or the castles in Munich, Germany. Again, hookers are where you want to start... and finish! God speed my friend.

9. yo OP, grats.

I spent 2 months in Europe as part of a student exchange program, I spent most of my time in Germany, but I traveled around to Holland, France, Belgium, and Switzerland. I also went to Berlin and Dresden.

Just soak it in man, don't be afraid to talk to the people, enjoy what Europe has to offer. Their beer is out of this world. Also, try a Döner, like European fast food. So good. Man I miss that shit, It was so fun being in a foreign place, so much learn, so many good memories to be had. Just remember to not go too crazy and keep your shit together, you never really know who is lookin.

For Amsterdam DEFINITELY rent some bicycles and cruise around the city. That was one of the best times I've ever had. Also the guys that work at the bike shop were all characters. They would just joke around then sit outside and smoke weed. It's different dude lol, it's awesome though.

PM me if you have any questions about the trains and stuff, there is definitely a way to do things there.

Have fun!!

10. Watch out for Romanians, my parents had their passports stolen and had to pay $1000 to get them back. My step-dad found the guy who did it but by then he was happy to be caught because he'd already passed them off to other people.

11. When I was in germany I worked at a music festival and one of the coolest people I have ever met was Romanian. They are a rowdy bunch as far as generalizations go. Though people are just people, regardless of where you are in the world, you'll know when you can trust someone and when you should pay a little more attention to others. It's like a sixth sense.

12. Dude... there are so many things you could do...I'd be more worried about trying to fit in everything I'd want to do with the time being there, than what I am going to do at all. It's not like you're gonna be bored :rolleyes:

Live it up man, and smoke alllllllll the weed you get your hands on.

13. Alright, I'll amend my statement to: "Watch out for people who may want to steal important things from you, who were Romanian in my experience".

14. I would leave Amsterdam as your last port of call..

You may find you will never leave otherwise!

15. Seriously watch out for pickpocketers. There like magicians, straight up. Im being serious. keep money and important shit in something ziped up/front pocket.